Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Home Hard Drive storeage - Cloud computing ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home Hard Drive storeage - Cloud computing ?

I know and have a HD that is connected to my home's router and accessible by all our computers WHILE AT HOME - but I want to access the files when I travel over the internet - something like browse to IP address enter a Pass Word and I'm in my HD - anyone help me on what I need to buy that is user friendly?
    sigpic
    08 Mustang GT - NOT Stock ..... HPP Flex fuel tunes - 537/515 RWHP/RWT

Click for Little Elm, Texas Forecast

You have a home server that you want to access outside the home?

Comment

update on info ....

I don't have a home server - just a router that has a usb for a hard drive - I can see this hard drive on all my local computers that I have loaded the software on .....

What i want is to figure out how to have a drive that I can see when I am at home AND traveling - thus the desire to have internet access to the drive .....

I just don't know how to do this or what are the best products need for this .....

Thanks in advance for the help ...
      sigpic

Comment

Well, if you can see the HDD from your PC, setup Team Viewer w/ permanent access so that whenever you're on the road you can remote in and access the PC and anything on the networked drive, or network for that matter.

This is the easiest way I can think of. You'll need T.V. on the machine your using to remote in w/ as well. If you're not using a PC, what will you be using for access when away from home?

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
          Well, if you can see the HDD from your PC, setup Team Viewer w/ permanent access so that whenever you're on the road you can remote in and access the PC and anything on the networked drive, or network for that matter.

This is the easiest way I can think of. You'll need T.V. on the machine your using to remote in w/ as well. If you're not using a PC, what will you be using for access when away from home?
          Always a PC .... will try your suggestion .... Thanks!
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X