Rental Property question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rental Property question

Renters just called and told me that there is a leak in the wall, and appears it has been in there for some time now. They said in both restrooms (they back up to each other) the wall is bowing out and black. And from the way they described it, it sounds like mold in there. I asked 2 contractors to come out and give me an estimate since I physically cant do the repair myself (since it's in another state) and they both came back between $4k-$5k to do both repairs since the damage is extensive.

My question is- will homeowner's insurance cover something like this? Or is this one of those things where Im just shit outta luck as a landlord and have to pay out of pocket? Any input appreciated.

I'd ask them, they should cover the water damage, but maybe not mold (some policies do not cover mold damage/repairs).

Comment

And the tenants are just now noticing this? Wtf?

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Sailor View Post
        This.

Comment

it's a rent house letting you know there is no such thing as free money.
          pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Sailor View Post
            yea, i know, tell me about it. But then again, that's another reason why they are renters and not owners.

Comment

Originally posted by Grape View Post
              it's a rent house letting you know there is no such thing as free money.
              true, but they are paying my mortgage and property taxes, so i do thank them for that.

Comment

Working...
              X