Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone here familiar with the old CRT projectors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone here familiar with the old CRT projectors?

Need some set up assistance with my projector, and hoping one of you guys have a bit of experience with them.

Let me know and we can go over what exactly I'm needing done. It's more of an advanced set up, but I'm sure it won't be a thing to someone with some experience

Nick

you still need help with this?

a friend used to have a big ass crt projector. he uses the same install and setup guys on all of his stuff. i can get contact info if you needed.
    Last edited by momo; 01-31-2011, 02:57 PM.
    www.hppmotorsports.com
    ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

What kind of projector is it? I have worked on my share in the past.

Comment

It's a Marquee 8110. Not the best, but gets the job done VERY well! Just need some help with the fine tuning. If you know someone, or can help me yourself, please let me know.

Nick
        214-205-1287

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Chapman View Post
          It's a Marquee 8110. Not the best, but gets the job done VERY well! Just need some help with the fine tuning. If you know someone, or can help me yourself, please let me know.

Nick
          214-205-1287
          you just need a test pattern and some patience to set yourself up, I'm sure you could handle it. Usually you'll need a crosshair pattern to properly calibrate your geometry. Once that's done you you work your way to an internal crosshatch pattern to set your convergence. First and foremost make sure your lenses and mirrors are cleaned. I suggest checking out AVS forum for some detailed how-tos.
          Last edited by CJ; 02-04-2011, 02:48 PM.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I am very familiar with EM CRT projectors from Sony and NEC. But the Marquee 8110 seems to be an EM projector so setup should be fairly easy. Is there a particular setting that you are having problems with? Also http://www.curtpalme.com is a great source for information, but I'm sure you know that.

Comment

I've been members of both those sites for a few years now. I have all the basic set up done, but need it tweaked just a bit more with the advanced settings. This is out of my comfort zone. I'm going to move the projector, and want some help getting everything dialed in after I move it.

Comment

Working...
              X