Rust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rust

I have this rust spot on my 2001 Ford F150 Supercrew & when it rains it drips inside my truck into the cup holder & floor. It's on the roof of my truck. I'd like to try & fix it myself rather than take it to a body shop but I will if I have no choice. Any help on how to fix it would be great!

Depends on the quality that you want and how far it extends. Use a wire wheel to take the rust off, weld in some sheet metal, treat with rust prevention, then bondo. Another option is to take the rust off, patch with something like marine tex and be done with it.

Another option is to got to a junkyard, cut out that section of roof, cut it out of yours and weld back in, bondo and paint.

Comment

The best way to clean up a small area like that is to blast it. I have a small hand held sand blaster, like a paint gun except it shoots sand. It will completely clean out all of the rust without damage to the surrounding areas.

Comment

I'd get some POR, and seal it with seam sealer and be done with it.

Comment

Would this work if I sanded it down some & applied POR Patch then paint over it with POR 15?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike69 View Post
            Would this work if I sanded it down some & applied POR Patch then paint over it with POR 15?

http://www.por15.com/POR-PATCH_p_53.html
            there you go, pack that shit in there and let it dry. You'll be back in business

Comment

the billy mays in me wants to shout FLEX SEAL.......

god bless.
              It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                the billy mays in me wants to shout FLEX SEAL.......

god bless.
                Billy Mays fucked you?
                "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzo View Post
                  there you go, pack that shit in there and let it dry. You'll be back in business
                  Do I need to prime it with self etching primer before I paint over the POR 15 Paint? Plans are to sand it down some, clean it real good, apply the POR 15 POR Patch, paint over it with POR 15 Paint, Prime & then paint with Duplicolor paint match.

Comment

Nah just slather Por over the rust. Por is some cool shit, read about it

Comment

Wondering if the Epoxy Putty would be better to use than the POR Patch. What you think?

This industrial-strength moldable metal filler from POR-15 is perfect for repairing rust pits & holes in steel. Add this two-part epoxy putty to your toolbox!

Comment

This is what I've done. Clean it. Rough it up. Get some jb weld putty and call it a day.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2
                        Non tapatalk Sig so the butt hurt va-JJs can stop crying about not being able to turn it off.

Comment

POR turns rust into a paint able surface and neutralizes the rust. Epoxy wont stick to the rust and if it did the rust will continue to grow under the surface and causing more issues. Like I said, read about what POR does so you have a better understanding of what it will do for you

Comment

Thanks for the help!

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
                              Billy Mays fucked you?
                              You shut your whore mouth when Billy Mays is talking!
                              Originally posted by Silverback
                              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Working...
                              X