ECR with NASA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ECR with NASA

Ran 3 sessions including a warm-up on Saturday and wish I had stayed for the 4th when I got home and realized I was only .3 off the TT1 record set last year by Troy Messer. My slide at turn 2 and hitting the rev limiter on the back straight is .4 right there. Great weather, great guys, and a fun day.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHVvUsJHyzE&feature=em-upload_owner[/ame]
    Ford
    GM
    Toyota
    VAG

Originally posted by quikag View Post
    Ran 3 sessions including a warm-up on Saturday and wish I had stayed for the 4th when I got home and realized I was only .3 off the TT1 record set last year by Troy Messer. My slide at turn 2 and hitting the rev limiter on the back straight is .4 right there. Great weather, great guys, and a fun day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHVvU...m-upload_owner
    Looks like a blast, we have used Troy to do our transmission work for years.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
      Looks like a blast, we have used Troy to do our transmission work for years.
      Troy is a great guy and a fast driver. I didn't know he did transmissions. That's good to know for future reference.
      Ford
      GM
      Toyota
      VAG

Comment

haha i just saw this on vorshlag's fb. i figured it was you.

killer work.
        www.hppmotorsports.com
        ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Troy is a great guy and a fast driver. I didn't know he did transmissions. That's good to know for future reference.
          He used to rebuild them, I think now he just services them. He owns Troy's Transmissions in Midland, TX. I'm sure he would would help out a corvette road racer though, he was the best transmission guy in town when he was rebuilding them. I know if I ever lose the clutch in the Z06 he will be the first person I talk to.

Comment

thanks, momo. Thanks for the info, GrayStang. Hope I don't need him, but if I ever need transmission work, I'll definitely call him first.
            Ford
            GM
            Toyota
            VAG

Comment

Nice, you were moving! I only managed a 59.1 in my yellow turd, I need to learn to drive like a man!
              Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
                Nice, you were moving! I only managed a 59.1 in my yellow turd, I need to learn to drive like a man!
                Thanks, Tyler. 59.1 is booking it. I've heard anything below 2:00 is moving good out there. You got any vid inside your Turbo Miata? I always enjoy watching your videos.
                Ford
                GM
                Toyota
                VAG

Comment

I was hiding-out near the garages all weekend, so I didn't see either of you guys or I would have said hi. Awesome weather Sat & Sun, you should have stayed to break the record quikag!

Comment

Thanks, Tyler. 59.1 is booking it. I've heard anything below 2:00 is moving good out there. You got any vid inside your Turbo Miata? I always enjoy watching your videos.
                    I need to get the vid put together and pull my data to figure out why I was slow, I am more proud of my 2:01 on street tires (200 TW, BFG Rival), I should have been 57's on the A6's but I wasn't getting it done, not sure what the deal was.

Originally posted by MattB View Post
                    I was hiding-out near the garages all weekend, so I didn't see either of you guys or I would have said hi. Awesome weather Sat & Sun, you should have stayed to break the record quikag!
                    I was wondering if you were there I'm sure he's pissed that he didn't stay.

Hopefully I will see you guys at MSRH in Jan, life may derail my track time soon.
                    Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

I was actually the first guy there Thursday morning. I wanted to get a good spot to park the toter-home. I didn't realize I'd pretty-much be the only guy there at all on Thursday! I left after the SM race on Sunday to try and get packed-up and get out before the races at TMS were over to avoid any traffic issues since I had to get all the way down to MSR-H to drop the cars off, then back to Dallas. It was a long weekend, but really nice racing weather!

Comment

Next time on the record. Of course, Messer will show up and run even faster with his race car. All in good fun.

Post up the vid link when you get it. Mike Weathers wasn't running as fast as he should have and he was running A6's too. Maybe the track temp or something was affecting grip?

Matt, say hi next time. I saw Tyler in one of the TT meetings but didn't get to talk to him (first noticed his dfw mustang shirt), but not sure that I've met you.
                        Ford
                        GM
                        Toyota
                        VAG

Comment

Working...
                        X