Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Combine multiple mapped drives to one folder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Combine multiple mapped drives to one folder?

Okay, Ill try and make this short and sweet.

I have a HTPC with alot of movies on it. I have this computer hooked up to my 50" flat screen and watch movies on it. Has worked great, but tired of watching movies in only this one room. Sometimes I want to watch them in bedroom, or kids may want to watch at same time as us, etc..

So i went to BB and got a WD TV Live Hub, hooked it all up and it works great. It even has another 1TB of internal space to store more stuff.

But, here is my only beef so far. I plan to get 1-2 more of these things for other tvs in the house. So that will esentially give me 3-4 mapped drives in my house (pc and 2-3 WDTVs). Well, any one of these PC or WDTV can access each others hard drives and files, which is cool... But when using the WDTV and going in to watch a video, you have to choose which directory the file is in. For instance, I have to choose internal HD and it will show all movies internally, but if movie is stored on my HTPC, i have to change the view over to HTPC shared folders.

Well this stinks... because I plan to have movies on all places and dont want to have to keep switching back and forth. I want all movies to be in one place, or at least appear to be to the WDTV.

So my thought was, have files on WDTV and HTPC, but somehow sync all the mapped drives (the multiple WDTVs i will get) to one spot on my computer. So esentially it looks like all the drives are in one drive or folder on my HTPC... then tell the WDTV to look there instead of internal HD or whatever... have that as only shared folder the WDTV can see...

any ideas?
Working...
X