Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Selling iPad, how do I wipe it out clean?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selling iPad, how do I wipe it out clean?

Selling my 16gb 3G ipad, and need to know how to wipe it out clean. Also, when selling a used item like this, do I keep the SIM card, or let it go with the iPad?

Thanks,
    Nick

Reformat it. Plug it into iTunes, and hit Restore. Take out the SIM card after.
    Karussell White - 2010 Genesis Coupe R-Spec 6MT 2.0T -

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris View Post
      Reformat it. Plug it into iTunes, and hit Restore. Take out the SIM card after.
      Ok so I keep the SIM card. Now I'm buying a larger iPad(64gb model), do I use my old SIM card in the new one I buy?

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Chapman View Post
        Ok so I keep the SIM card. Now I'm buying a larger iPad(64gb model), do I use my old SIM card in the new one I buy?

That, I don't know. If it came with a new one, use that. Try to get the old one deactivated. I'm just applying the logic of what I'd do with a cell phone with that. Maybe someone with more iPad experience can chime in.

OH, after the iPad is done restoring, don't allow iTunes to update the ipad by backing up any of the data.
        Karussell White - 2010 Genesis Coupe R-Spec 6MT 2.0T -

Comment

Ok cool! Thanks for your help!
          The issue I don't want to run into is AT&T updated their billing for their iPad data plan. I have unlimited for $29.99 per month(original data plan for iPad), but new subscribers don't have the option to have unlimited. Just hoping that by keeping my old SIM card, then I'd be able to keep my unlimited package and not be forced to give it up.

Comment

Definitely keep the SIM card. It would not be any different than you selling your cell phone and giving them your SIM card. Make them get a new SIM and start there own service.

You have an iPhone right? Why not Jailbreak it and use your data plan on it for the iPad instead of getting a separate one?

Comment

Originally posted by bitter jose View Post
              Definitely keep the SIM card. It would not be any different than you selling your cell phone and giving them your SIM card. Make them get a new SIM and start there own service.

You have an iPhone right? Why not Jailbreak it and use your data plan on it for the iPad instead of getting a separate one?
              I don't understand. How will jailbreaking my iphone give me a data package on my iPad?

Comment

I don't understand. How will jailbreaking my iphone give me a data package on my iPad?
                Wifi tether.

Comment

well they aren't any untethered jailbreaks available right now for 4.2, so I'm stuck in the mudd as far as that goes. Not going to do a tethered jailbreak. it's just not feasable for me to do since jailbreaks seem to lock up my phone so much and I'm not close to my computer most of the time during the day.

Comment

well they aren't any untethered jailbreaks available right now for 4.2, so I'm stuck in the mudd as far as that goes. Not going to do a tethered jailbreak. it's just not feasable for me to do since jailbreaks seem to lock up my phone so much and I'm not close to my computer most of the time during the day.
                    Andoid...

Just sayin.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
                      Andoid...

Just sayin.
                      Junk...

Just sayin

Comment

Junk...

Just sayin
                        My Aria is on 2.3 and I can wifi tether all day long if I had your unlimited data plan.

Oh, it doesn't freeze and does anything yours will except take really nice cell phone pics and it may not be quite as quick, but I didn't pay $X00 for it either.

Comment

Didn't know you upgraded to 4.2 or if it came with it. Must be you with the JB issues as I know plenty of people running a Jailbroken iPhone 4 with no problems. I'd suggest not upgrading your phone next time either if you want to JB unless you would rather pay AT&T twice for a data plan.

Comment

Originally posted by bitter jose View Post
                            Didn't know you upgraded to 4.2 or if it came with it. Must be you with the JB issues as I know plenty of people running a Jailbroken iPhone 4 with no problems. I'd suggest not upgrading your phone next time either if you want to JB unless you would rather pay AT&T twice for a data plan.
                            Yeah, I always seem to have issues with every jailbreak I get. Always locks up and restarts. It's annoying, but well worth the troubles. I love having a jailbroke phone.

Comment

Yeah, I always seem to have issues with every jailbreak I get. Always locks up and restarts. It's annoying, but well worth the troubles. I love having a jailbroke phone.
                              True. Must be something with your phone than as I never had any trouble with either of mine that I've JB.

Comment

Working...
                              X