World Racing League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Racing League

Looks like a ANOTHER low buck race series is coming to town.

America's premier amateur endurance racing series, WRL is dedicated to providing racers with a pro-level experience on an amateur racer's budget

My view: this takes a spot somewhere between lemons, chump and SCCA/NASA.

I like the classing on power to weight ratio, though I see that not making a huge difference on curtailing cheating, since they arent actually testing anything but weight.

Thoughts?
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

There should be a few of these events coming up locally.....like REAL local for me at least. Hope this series kicks off well.

Comment

The more the better as far as I'm concerned. Looks like they will be trying to run Hallett which we will always try to do if the schedules works for the folks on our team. I think there is now some bad blood between John at Chumpcar and Joey who now is part of WRL.

Comment

Originally posted by aggie97 View Post
        There should be a few of these events coming up locally.....like REAL local for me at least. Hope this series kicks off well.
        You give up a testicle, so to speak?
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
          You give up a testicle, so to speak?
          No. Just supporting Joey as much as we can. He is trying to put an end to the BS cheating and make it about racing, not cheating. I support that 100%. Just hope there is enough water for all the ponds that are now available.

Comment

No. Just supporting Joey as much as we can. He is trying to put an end to the BS cheating and make it about racing, not cheating. I support that 100%. Just hope there is enough water for all the ponds that are now available.
            I think there will be, especially if the lemons teams (like us) that want to do more than two events locally will be welcomed. The "we dont want clowns out there with real racers" attitude can keep an open mind, it should work well. I know that there are a few that either are tired of CHUMP's main chump or the cheater cars that dominate.

I think that the misconception is that we are all out there running parade laps at lemons events, and there isnt any racing going on.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
              I think that the misconception is that we are all out there running parade laps at lemons events, and there isnt any racing going on.
              There is real racing going on at lemons and granted I haven't run a race with them since 2010 or so. However, my take is that I am there to race seriously, then I get hit but some a-hole who has no awareness and I get a penalty...or if I have to bail off track to miss a guy who has lost control, instead of "hey great job missing that clown!", it's a penalty. I can't deal with that sort of BS.

Chump had a great formula but the cheating BS got out of hand and there was no effort to curtail it. The SHO powered Gen2 RX7 at TWS a while back sealed it for me. I had the "lead chump old fart" look me straight in the face and ask me to show him an actual $500 car at his $500 car event. I found 5 or 6 out of 30 or so. He laughed...my wife was standing 5' away with a bunch of our close racing friends and they had " are you serious?" looks on their faces.

Joey has a great idea and there should be enough cars locally to fill an event. We just need to inform everyone we know about it so it can grow. We are probably going to prep the neon for one of his events. He has also talked about doing some rally cross style events at TWS but don't know where those plans are just yet. These are dirt/tarmac style events that would be fun as all heck with a Crapcan!

Comment

the racing in chump was excellent but yea... the super competitive cars are more like $3500+ cars.
                www.hppmotorsports.com
                ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Wooo Hoooo.....

love me some more racing. Now I need to find another motor. Seems like we are going through all the junk yard ones!
                  Murph

Lots of cars that nobody desires

Comment

Originally posted by momo View Post
                    the racing in chump was excellent but yea... the super competitive cars are more like $3500+ cars.
                    Need more emphasis on the +!!!!! Some of these miatas are essentially spec miatas which are $10,000 cars. E30 BMW's are in the same realm as they are building Spec E30's for these races and just beating the snot out of them and painting them funny.

I recall a particular "nudist" Taurus SHO that had an easy $1000+ in oil coolers in the trunk. Murph should post that car's previous history and purchase price! LOL!

I still want to see the lemons car that Pratt & Miller built!

Comment

The supra or camaro?

Comment

Need more emphasis on the +!!!!! Some of these miatas are essentially spec miatas which are $10,000 cars. E30 BMW's are in the same realm as they are building Spec E30's for these races and just beating the snot out of them and painting them funny.

I recall a particular "nudist" Taurus SHO that had an easy $1000+ in oil coolers in the trunk. Murph should post that car's previous history and purchase price! LOL!

I still want to see the lemons car that Pratt & Miller built!
                        Titty SHO was purchased for $4300 from an old school SHO guy. It was max out (short of FI) with performance parts....from back in the day when performance parts were made for SHOs. It had Cobra brakes and race cams etc. It seemed they started messing with the car and didn't know how to fix it. I haven't seen or heard from them since Harris Hill race with Chump.

We've been called cheaties since early lemon years. I'm not sure why considering every two to three races we are leaving some kind of parts on the track. TMS we blew another hole out the side of the block. If we were really cheating we probably would have figured out how to keep the rods inside the motor.

That said....We will be racing both Chump and WRL next year. Hallett/MSRH are the same dates and everyone on our team enjoys MSRH more. We enjoyed the races that Joey ran with CC and look forward to his new series.
                        Murph

Comment

I remember the BS pits in New Orleans where they had Murph pull the intake and front valve cover off so they could inspect for "Racecar cams and valvetrain" Like you could tell the difference between cams or that valvetrain has ever been made for a SHO.

Meanwhile there is a lincoln Mark 8 completely gutted with a 5 speed, all body panels gone, speed holes in every structural support. Next to them is a dirt track second gen camaro with a 7000rpm motor(that actually didnt run very well).

But cams in a taurus is cheating

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman85turbo View Post
                            I remember the BS pits in New Orleans where they had Murph pull the intake and front valve cover off so they could inspect for "Racecar cams and valvetrain" Like you could tell the difference between cams or that valvetrain has ever been made for a SHO.

Meanwhile there is a lincoln Mark 8 completely gutted with a 5 speed, all body panels gone, speed holes in every structural support. Next to them is a dirt track second gen camaro with a 7000rpm motor(that actually didnt run very well).

But cams in a taurus is cheating
                            yeah that was just silly.

Really looking forward to WRL. We are going to go to MSRH rather than Hallett with CC.
                            Murph

Comment

Working...
                            X