My Observation of 2011 Resolutioners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Observation of 2011 Resolutioners

First, after nearly a full month into the year, the crowd at my gym has not shrunk, at all. It is still PACKED until about 8PM. Like every piece of cardio equipment in use kinda packed. In past years it seemed that after two weeks in the crowds start shrinking, but not so far this year.

Also, in years past, it seemed that most of the resolutioners were really obese. Like almost all newbies in the gym were over 300 lbs. This year I've noticed only a couple real fatties in the gym, it seems like 90% of the resolutioners are just regular folks that have maybe 20-40 lbs to lose.

Has anyone else noticed this? I hate when the gym is this busy, but I'm glad to see that people are making a real effort at getting in shape.

Originally posted by UserX View Post
    First, after nearly a full month into the year, the crowd at my gym has not shrunk, at all. It is still PACKED until about 8PM. Like every piece of cardio equipment in use kinda packed. In past years it seemed that after two weeks in the crowds start shrinking, but not so far this year.

Also, in years past, it seemed that most of the resolutioners were really obese. Like almost all newbies in the gym were over 300 lbs. This year I've noticed only a couple real fatties in the gym, it seems like 90% of the resolutioners are just regular folks that have maybe 20-40 lbs to lose.

Has anyone else noticed this? I hate when the gym is this busy, but I'm glad to see that people are making a real effort at getting in shape.
    From the several years I've been at the gym resolutioners never drop off until late feb early march. Not sure why people expect Jan. They will however start to slowly skip workouts here and there then make it back into a habit of not going.

I still dislike resolutioners because I do not see it a a valid effort. A resolutioner in June will get more respect.

Comment

Maybe they will all keep up the hard work and change their life.

Comment

i read somewhere that 75% of the people who make New Year's Resolutions quit within the first 30 days.

90% quit by 3 months in

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
          i read somewhere that 75% of the people who make New Year's Resolutions quit within the first 30 days.

90% quit by 3 months in
          60% of statistics are made up

Comment

Originally posted by jasone View Post
            60% of statistics are made up
            60% of the time, statistics work, every time

Comment

wharz drinks this eve?

god bless.
              It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                wharz drinks this eve?

god bless.
                I'll come have a few waters with ya after the gym.

You tell me homey

Comment

Originally posted by Beej View Post
                  Maybe they will all keep up the hard work and change their life.
                  If they did this people wouldn't have a reason to bitch. But the quitting is a time tested tradition. They're fat and lazy for a reason.

Comment

The ones at the 24hr in lake work were huge. The women being larger than the men. I started going later at night though the past couple of weeks and couldn't tell you if they're still going or not. I've got two friends that are resolution chicks that aren't fat, ones in good shape, the other could lose 20lbs or so, but at like 135lbs, it's hard to call her fat. They keep posting everyday on FB, "2 1/2, 3 1/2" hours at the gym, which makes me question their workout pace. 2hrs+ at the gym would've killed me.
                    "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                      If they did this people wouldn't have a reason to bitch. But the quitting is a time tested tradition. They're fat and lazy for a reason.
                      Maybe a little encouragment will help them over that hill. Instead of dirty looks and sighs.

Comment

Originally posted by Beej View Post
                        Maybe a little encouragment will help them over that hill. Instead of dirty looks and sighs.
                        I'm not gonna encourage someone in my way over a fad. Join from April to November and ASK for help and Id be new than happy to help. You've gotta ask if you need help. No way to tell when someones gonna get pissed because you correct their form or suggest other stuff.

Anyone in the gym long enough knows their type. Quitters, complainers, and excuse makers. Once you've proven to me that you're serious my mind will change. That's just about how everything in life works.

Comment

And I don't give anyone dirty looks at the gym except retards trying to lift too much weight and not controlling it.

I put my head phones on an ignore pretty much everyone.

Comment

Maybe they don't ask for help because they are intimidated by people who treat them as resolutioners, and that leads to their discouragement.

Comment

Not my problem. I treat everyone at the gym the same. I just voice my dislike for resolutioners outside of the gym (primarily here).

The attitude you described seems like a great excuse for a quitter. Anyone serious sticks it out.

Comment

Working...
                              X