Roll cage paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roll cage paint

I would like to paint my cage white, I was going to use the VHT epoxy paint, does anyone have experience with this, how does it hold up to UV?

Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

I like the rustolium hammered finish stuff, but they only sell it in white in a rattle can. Brushing it on is a lot less messy.
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Why not this instead?

Comment

Originally posted by stangin4lyfe View Post
        Can I apply Hardnose / Whitecote over metal?
        Yes, you can, but you won’t get the same adhesion or
        leveling as you do with Rust Preventive Paint as a primer.
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Whole interior will be white so spray "should" be easy, I hear por15 is badass but I don't want to deal with the prep and UV issues. I'd rather be racing than screwing with paint.
          Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

I'll second the POR15 products. Painting a cage is a HUGE pita to get it right when you're spraying stuff

Comment

ahem.

Well, it's time to start over. It took a whole day before my wife gave me the green light to find another chassis. Guess she wanted to keep me in the garage.:slaphappy: I couldn't bring myself to build another coupe just to get it back to where it was, so I chose to build a Sn95 New Gen. At least this way it felt like I was

Comment

Have you considered plasti-dip? :-D

Comment

Rustolium hammertone brush on

Comment

Working...
                  X