Hard Drive Recovery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hard Drive Recovery

Does anyone know how to recover info from a hard drive that has crashed? Or can you recommend someone who can help?

Thanks
    David

1986 GT

Shit bro. I've got one that needs it too, but I was quoted $2500 because they have to dismantle it in a cleanroom.

Comment

So long as it's not a scenario of physical hardware failure, I'll be your Huckleberry.

Gimme some more detail.

Denny, Google Flash Back Data and request their economy service. When I used them, it was guaranteed no more than $700.
      Last edited by Tx Redneck; 01-26-2011, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
        So long as it's not a scenario of physical hardware failure, I'll be your Huckleberry.
        I'm guessing that is what's up with mine?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
          I'm guessing that is what's up with mine?
          Why do you say? Be specific.

Comment

Gimme some more detail.

Denny, Google Flash Back Data and request their economy service. When I used them, it was guaranteed no more than $700.
            I will get you more details. It is for a buddy of mine who is not on the board.
            David

1986 GT

Comment

Denny, what's your hdd doin?

Comment

Gimme some more detail.

Computer says doesn't have bootable device when plugged in. When it crashed , all desktop icons disapperared, it rebooted then got no bootable device error. Have put in external 2.5" usb case but windows does not recognize it. Drive is 250 GB WD from Lenovo U330 Idea Pad.
                David

1986 GT

Comment

Where are you located?

Comment

Denny, what's your hdd doin?
                    It runs and spins, but the little LED on it just stays solid instead of blinking like it is reading something and my computer doesn't recognize it is plugged in. I replaced the clip that connects to the hard drive itself (inside the casing), but it is still doing the same thing. It's a 1.5T Western.

Comment

My buddy lives in Carrollton.
                      David

1986 GT

Comment

Im not sure how bad the damage is but you can get a program like RescuePro for 40 bucks. It will pick up some flash cards/ drives even if your computer doesnt. They have a free trial on their website that will enable you to see what it can recover from your drive, although you will not be able to save any of it till you buy it. That will be your cheapest route. Good luck!

Comment

I will have him try that. Thanks
                          David

1986 GT

Comment

if the platters are okay, its possible to recover a drive by just replacing the controller board on it.

If the platters are fucked, well, then you are pretty much SOL unless you pay biiig $$$.

Even a tiny speck of dust on a platter will ruin it.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
                              It runs and spins, but the little LED on it just stays solid instead of blinking like it is reading something and my computer doesn't recognize it is plugged in. I replaced the clip that connects to the hard drive itself (inside the casing), but it is still doing the same thing. It's a 1.5T Western.
                              Can you feel the heads moving like it's working?
                              Originally posted by Fst86gt View Post
                              My buddy lives in Carrollton.
                              PM replied.

Comment

Working...
                              X