Art of the Precision Rifle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Art of the Precision Rifle

LaRue sent me a email today about this trailer. Thought i would share.

Magpul Dynamics teamed up with world class precision marksman Todd Hodnett of Accuracy 1st training to create the new Magpul Dynamics Precision Shooting Video. Chris seemed sincerely adamant about how awesome it was working with Todd Hodnett on the new DVD. Although he didn’t give away too many details on the video (including a final title), Chris Costa did say that the formulas Todd Hodnett presents in the video breaks down the usually complicated calculations involved with long range shooting to be ridiculously simple.

He wouldn’t share the formulas, but Chris stated it would only take seconds to calculate range, clicks, etc… by using the techniques in the new Magpul DVD. Chris said by using the techniques, he was able to hit 36″ plates, from 1700 yards, using a Larue 16″ OBR–that almost falls in the category of “I gotta see it to believe it.” But since it’s coming from Chris, I’ll take his word for it. Hopefully he’ll have some footage of those incredible shots on the new Magpul Dynamics Precision Shooting Video.

You remember the stories John use to tell us about the the three chinamen playing Fantan? This guy runs up to them and says, "Hey, the world's coming to an end!" and the first one says, "Well, I best go to the mission and pray," and the second one says, "Well, hell, I'm gonna go and buy me a case of Mezcal and six whores," and the third one says "Well, I'm gonna finish the game." I shall finish the game, Doc.

Saw this yesterday over at M4carbine. I'm pretty interested in seeing how they break it all down.

Comment

I would sooooooo love a 1,000 yard range day with my Remy.......

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnboy
        After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

if the dvd comes with a barret, i'm in !!!!!
          sigpic 92 GT, 5 Lugged, 306, Vortech V1 S Trim, 42# injectors, Aeromotive Boost Reference Fuel Pressure Regulator, MSD Boost Timing Master, TKO 600, Moser 31 Spline Axles, 3.73's.

Comment

Originally posted by fbodyjohnny View Post
            if the dvd comes with a barret, i'm in !!!!!
            The DVD is $7,900 and the Barrett is free!

Comment

lol DAMN!!! now THAT is a steal!!! haha
              sigpic 92 GT, 5 Lugged, 306, Vortech V1 S Trim, 42# injectors, Aeromotive Boost Reference Fuel Pressure Regulator, MSD Boost Timing Master, TKO 600, Moser 31 Spline Axles, 3.73's.

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
                The DVD is $7,900 and the Barrett is free!
                Does that mean the digital copy will be cheaper?
                First hand witness at the failure of public healthcare.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Fiux View Post
                  Does that mean the digital copy will be cheaper?
                  Sure, here's your digital copy of the Barrett:

Comment

I just ordered the Tactical handgun set. Their carbine dvd's are good instructional video, I am sure their Precision Rifle is also.
                    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                      I just ordered the Tactical handgun set. Their carbine dvd's are good instructional video, I am sure their Precision Rifle is also.
                      Watching party?

Matt... got ribs?

David

Comment

Hell I will order it. I want to get into long range shooting.
                        Half of history is hiding the past.

Comment

Originally posted by cobrajet69 View Post
                          Watching party?

Matt... got ribs?

David
                          X2
                          First hand witness at the failure of public healthcare.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                            Haley isn't with Magpul anymore. No more Costa beard/tight pants shenanigans.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon-k View Post
                              Haley isn't with Magpul anymore. No more Costa beard/tight pants shenanigans.
                              What is the dope on this? No more Magpul Dynamics team?

I am on disc 2 of the the Dynamic Handgun, excellent.

I have watched both the Carbine courses and they are great too.
                              Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Working...
                              X