Beautiful Lexus LS430 I Did Paint Correction On

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beautiful Lexus LS430 I Did Paint Correction On

Guy owns a big brake company named Futura out of Dallas and this is their company / promo car. Car was repainted with I think the darkest black I have ever seen on a car. Paint was a bit neglected from washing on a regular basis with improper techniques but nothing that cant be fixed.

Loved working on the car for the guy as he was very happy with the results.

Got there and the car was already washed and ready to go.

Tried to get the exact same shot AFTER the paint correction. Seems like he color is much darker and richer and more sharp.

Paint was fairly rough, certainly seen worse but this is a big car so it was a bit of a project.

Color is now a very deep black. Owner was super happy like I said, and after all. That is whats important.

www.facebook.com/hilldetailworks

Maaan yo work looks expensive

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2
    Non tapatalk Sig so the butt hurt va-JJs can stop crying about not being able to turn it off.

Comment

Ha. All depends on the job actually. Some cars take a few more steps or am requested to put a different sealant or wax on.
      And compared to the Gas Monkey detailer, i'm a drop in the bucket. But then again, I guess he earned the right to charge alot cause he is on TV and does good work?

Comment

Man I love that car, ha. Nice work, Brent.

Comment

On OZ futuras too, I'm in love with that car!
          Ded

Comment

Hellaflush

nice work

Comment

Will you explain how thats the darkest black you've seen? I'm as naive as they come to paint work, but when I see a black car its just....black
              DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

It has no metal flake, no pearl nothing. It's the darkest black that Toyota / Lexus makes. Was a full re spray.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Mixing systems usually have two blacks. The one most used and that matches nearly everything (domestic) and the one that is not used that often and matches most European cars, it's more of a blue black. When I say used the most I mean in mixing colors other than black, a lot of dark colors use black in the formula. Most black cars I shot straight mixing black. A few new car formulas call for this but a lot don't they call for a small amount of other colors. One that I remember is Toyota Super Black, formula was straight black toner.

Comment

Originally posted by sdun View Post
                    Mixing systems usually have two blacks. The one most used and that matches nearly everything (domestic) and the one that is not used that often and matches most European cars, it's more of a blue black. When I say used the most I mean in mixing colors other than black, a lot of dark colors use black in the formula. Most black cars I shot straight mixing black. A few new car formulas call for this but a lot don't they call for a small amount of other colors. One that I remember is Toyota Super Black, formula was straight black toner.
                    Whenever I mixed ink for printing presses we had customers asking for a deeper black and we'd do the same thing, mix in some blue and other things and it would make it noticeably darker.

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
                      Will you explain how thats the darkest black you've seen? I'm as naive as they come to paint work, but when I see a black car its just....black
                      I always thought the same thing untill I parked my original paint T type next to a Corvette that had just been painted with Sikkens deep black. It made my car look brownish and ugly. I couldn't believe how bad my car looked.

Comment

Working...
                      X