Best place to buy window shades?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best place to buy window shades?

A friend of mine has a half circle window and she wants a shade for it. The window is large, it is 94" wide.

Lowe's doesn't sell anything that big, and they were pricey. She's considering one of the fabric ones, or even a built in wooden one depending on price.

Where is the best place in the metroplex to go to for something like this?

or

Thanks!

I could have sworn there was someone on the old board that did this, either for a living or part time. Maybe they migrated over here, or someone else remembers them and has their contact info.

Comment

i want one too!

god bless.
      It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

<----- Works for a manufacturer

Is it a perfect arch or eyebrow?

Perfect arch = height is half of the width (ex: 94" wide x 47" tall)

Eyebrow = Less than 50% tall of width (ex: 94" wide x 30" tall)

Is there an existing window covering below the arch, in the rectangular portion of the window? Can you send a picture of the actual window?

Comment

Originally posted by kenny c View Post
          <----- Works for a manufacturer

Is it a perfect arch or eyebrow?

Perfect arch = height is half of the width (ex: 94" wide x 47" tall)

Eyebrow = Less than 50% tall of width (ex: 94" wide x 30" tall)

Is there an existing window covering below the arch, in the rectangular portion of the window? Can you send a picture of the actual window?
          It is a perfect arch, and it's a seperate window. Attached is a pic. Lemme know what you can find out, I appreciate it!
          Last edited by UserX; 12-21-2015, 06:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by UserX View Post
            It is a perfect arch, and it's a seperate window. Attached is a pic. Lemme know what you can find out, I appreciate it!
            That is a pretty simple application, but all arches are pricey. What is her budget and what does she want the application to do for the window? Dress it up? Block some light/heat?

Fixed blind slats to match current application - about $300
            (stationary blind slats sit at a 45* angle and they are inserted in clear acrylic uprights)

Slotted arch - similar to your 2nd picture in the 1st post - about $500 non-operable, and $600 for operable

Shutter arch - horizontally louvered panels with a frame - about $600

Roller shade material arch - about $200
            (fabric similar to exterior screens on your windows)

Comment

That is a pretty simple application, but all arches are pricey. What is her budget and what does she want the application to do for the window? Dress it up? Block some light/heat?

(stationary blind slats sit at a 45* angle and they are inserted in clear acrylic uprights)

Slotted arch - similar to your 2nd picture in the 1st post - about $500 non-operable, and $600 for operable

Awesome, thanks for looking into this. I will let her know the offerings.

She's trying to cut down on direct sunlight coming into the room. She's not planning on being in this house forever so I'm not quite sure how much she wants to spend.

Do you have a pic of the first solution you mentioned, for $300? I'm not sure I quite follow.

Thanks again!

Comment

And I'm assuming the last one is a standard solar screen?

Comment

Awesome, thanks for looking into this. I will let her know the offerings.

She's trying to cut down on direct sunlight coming into the room. She's not planning on being in this house forever so I'm not quite sure how much she wants to spend.

Do you have a pic of the first solution you mentioned, for $300? I'm not sure I quite follow.

Thanks again!
                  see picture.... just the top part over the valance... it is fixed and doesn't move

And I'm assuming the last one is a standard solar screen?
                  standard solar screen material, made with an aluminum edge.... just a fixed piece
                  Last edited by kenny c; 01-11-2012, 09:00 PM.

Comment

Not to Hijack, but I've been looking for a slotted arch for my office. I'm out of the country till the 17th. When I get home I'll measure it and see what the size is. I live outside of Austin, but make frequent trips to DFW because of Family and friends.

Comment

Originally posted by 90lxstangman View Post
                      Not to Hijack, but I've been looking for a slotted arch for my office. I'm out of the country till the 17th. When I get home I'll measure it and see what the size is. I live outside of Austin, but make frequent trips to DFW because of Family and friends.
                      I live in Cedar Park so just let me know.

Comment

Kenny, I think she might want to go with the $300 option. If she does decide this, how do we go about getting it? PM me if you like.

Thanks!

Comment

Kenny, I think she might want to go with the $300 option. If she does decide this, how do we go about getting it? PM me if you like.

Thanks!
                          PM me the address where I can send a sample deck so you/her can match color

Comment

I live in Cedar Park so just let me know.
                            Cool deal I will for sure. I looked at them at Lowes awhile back remember them being ridiculous expensive. I'll let you know as soon as I return home from Jordan.

Comment

PM me the address where I can send a sample deck so you/her can match color
                              PM sent, thanks man!

Comment

Working...
                              X