Nasa MSRH 2014 Event 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nasa MSRH 2014 Event 1

Well, overall had a good weekend. ended up tearing the splitter off the car in Saturday AM qualification. Hankooks could not get temp and were like rocks with no traction. Went off and did some mowing of tall weeds. Still spitting out grass clippings.

Got the car back together and made 2 of the 4 races before I found a failed rear main seal. Took a first and a second in the two races I ran in ST1.

Going to pull the motor and do the seal and revise the PCV system as apparently the seal gets sucked inward by too much vacuum. Then rebuild the nose and get it back together for cresson.

Here is a video from the last few corners of Sunday Qual so you can hear a pissed off coyote at full song!

Ok, for some reason the video won't embed. I'll try again later today.
    Last edited by aggie97; 01-21-2014, 10:49 AM.

Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Sounds like your weekend was about as good as mine
      Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Music to my ears.
        Detailing is an Obsession!!

1996 MYSTIC Cobra #405 of 2000

Fox Coupe "Calypso Killer"

Comment

Originally posted by Wish4svts View Post
          Music to my ears.
          Agreed, sounds awesome!

Comment

Well damn, expensive weekend. Decided to order a new 2000R knockoff nose and that was $375. Ordered new ball joints to the tune of $145. Will probably need to order a new fuel pump hat that works so another $640, then the time to R&R the motor/trans AGAIN to do the rear main seal and I am hoping I don't need a new clutch disc from the oil leak. It's all sintered iron disc so can probably clean it up....oh, and I need more new tires! LOL!

Ugh.

BTW...did I mention Hankooks suck?!

Comment

Originally posted by aggie97 View Post
              Well damn, expensive weekend. Decided to order a new 2000R knockoff nose and that was $375. Ordered new ball joints to the tune of $145. Will probably need to order a new fuel pump hat that works so another $640, then the time to R&R the motor/trans AGAIN to do the rear main seal and I am hoping I don't need a new clutch disc from the oil leak. It's all sintered iron disc so can probably clean it up....oh, and I need more new tires! LOL!

Ugh.

BTW...did I mention Hankooks suck?!
              damn!

I fixed our fuel pickup issue in the cell, btw.
              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
                damn!

I fixed our fuel pickup issue in the cell, btw.
                what was your issue? If you told me I forgot.

Mine is uncovering the pickup in left handers. looking back on it, this has been an issue since I got the car back on track with the swap. I have to fix this or I am going to grenade the motor so I am not cutting corners any more. I am looking at the aeromotive drop in pump for the 03/04 cobra tank and maybe some fuel cell foam in the baffle to keep it from sloshing so much. I thought I had fixed the problem but it's getting worse and my fuel pump location probably isn't the best in keeping prime. The in tank hat should fix that but at a high cost....well, less than $6k for a new motor! LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by aggie97 View Post
                  what was your issue? If you told me I forgot.

Mine is uncovering the pickup in left handers. looking back on it, this has been an issue since I got the car back on track with the swap. I have to fix this or I am going to grenade the motor so I am not cutting corners any more. I am looking at the aeromotive drop in pump for the 03/04 cobra tank and maybe some fuel cell foam in the baffle to keep it from sloshing so much. I thought I had fixed the problem but it's getting worse and my fuel pump location probably isn't the best in keeping prime. The in tank hat should fix that but at a high cost....well, less than $6k for a new motor! LOL!
                  long story short, couldnt get the factory tank to work well (in tank pump) so we bought a cell, dropped the coin on the trapdoor surge tank, it would cut out around turns after we used 10-12 gallons of the 22, put the walbro pickups in the tank and got worse, moved our fuel pump to under the cell and we can run it hard on a gallon of fuel with no cutout.

4 of these, one has a bleed off in it so we dont have to crack open the lines if we run it dry. Ive heard of people running them in a stock tank, too.

"If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

I've been reading theory on fuel system design for the last two days. Ideally, they all say run the pump lower than the tank. That is great and all if the bottom of your tank isn't the lowest point on the car or if you want to stay clear of exhaust, suspension parts or possible damage from debris on track...or off. Seems these pumps can generate a ton of pressure but are terrible at generating any suction to get the fuel out of the tank.

I've been looking at all the dual pump drop in hats that are out there and they are WAY more expensive than the aeromotive setup so it looks like I am going to bite the bullet and get it. It's overkill for my little 500hp setup but hey, I'll have room to grow for when I figure out how to put a hair dryer on it!

Comment

our car wouldnt run worth a crap with less than 10 gallons in the car. After moving the pump under the cell, it will run just like full with a gallon in it.

Might give Tim at liquid iron industries a call, he was super helpful with me, and we went over everything on the car that was halfway related to the fuel system to help figure out the issue we had.

The powerful shopping cart software for web stores and e-commerce enabled stores is based on PHP5 with SQL database with highly configurable implementation based on templates

Comment

Working...
                      X