sounds like a good idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sounds like a good idea

FRANKFORT — A state lawmaker wants random drug testing of adult Kentuckians who receive food stamps, Medicaid or other state assistance.
    Those who fail the test would lose their benefits under House Bill 208, filed by Rep. Lonnie Napier, R-Lancaster.
    Napier's proposal has won the backing of powerful House Speaker Greg Stumbo, D-Prestonsburg, but critics say it would stigmatize welfare recipients and possibly harm their innocent children.
    "I'm not a hard-hearted guy," said Napier. "I believe there is a need for public assistance for those who need it, but I understand some are using these funds to buy drugs."
    Napier said the goal "is to get people off drugs."
    Want more? Read the full story...

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2011/01/17/1...#ixzz1CE34IvkE

I know people @ work that sell and buy food stamps. Then I hear these "stupid motherfuckers" talk about going to "da club" or the new 26"s "on they whip" lol.
    Kinda pisses me off, but I bite my tongue.
    Ded

Comment

Originally posted by vadertt View Post
      I know people @ work that sell and buy food stamps. Then I hear these "stupid motherfuckers" talk about going to "da club" or the new 26"s "on they whip" lol.
      Kinda pisses me off, but I bite my tongue.
      Customer service over there at Citi?

Our CSR people here at BAC are an interesting group.

Comment

Originally posted by AdamLX View Post

Hey what are you trying to say???? Which group are you referring to?

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
          Hey what are you trying to say???? Which group are you referring to?
          At corporate, there is a certain class of customer service people here who routinely show up to work in sweats, house shoes etc. Same group who chews gum and eats while on the phone with our customers.

Not ALL, just a certain group

Comment

At corporate, there is a certain class of customer service people here who routinely show up to work in sweats, house shoes etc. Same group who chews gum and eats while on the phone with our customers.

Not ALL, just a certain group
            What group is that? Complete opposite for us. We are professional as can be. Hell, the only way we get to wear jeans is by buying our jean days for some charity stuff.

Of course, we aren't dealing with everyday joe schmoes either. We deal with Large Corporate clients.

Comment

Customer service over there at Citi?

Lol, back end mortgage collections.
              Ded

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                What group is that? Complete opposite for us. We are professional as can be. Hell, the only way we get to wear jeans is by buying our jean days for some charity stuff.

Of course, we aren't dealing with everyday joe schmoes either. We deal with Large Corporate clients.
                Just our general mortgage customer service group. When we've got the CEO and others in town we are in a suit and tie, but they still have to walk around the campus here where these other departments are crusiing around in sagging jeas, house shoes and bandanas hanging out of their pockets.

I'm praying for drug testing at some time.

Comment

Just our general mortgage customer service group. When we've got the CEO and others in town we are in a suit and tie, but they still have to walk around the campus here where these other departments are crusiing around in sagging jeas, house shoes and bandanas hanging out of their pockets.

I'm praying for drug testing at some time.
                  In production, it is pretty much like that. I remember seeing open toed flip flops, pants that should never seen the light of day on 250lb women and god knows what else. What has been seen can't be unseen. At one point, I was the only white person out of 50 and that is when I moved on up to the eastside.

Good ol' BAC. I don't think we will ever have drug testing.

Comment

Best idea I've heard in years! Wish people had to actually get up and go down to an office to have your card swiped to put the money on it.

Originally posted by krazy kris View Post
                    http://www.kentucky.com/2011/01/17/1...ts-random.html

FRANKFORT — A state lawmaker wants random drug testing of adult Kentuckians who receive food stamps, Medicaid or other state assistance.
                    Those who fail the test would lose their benefits under House Bill 208, filed by Rep. Lonnie Napier, R-Lancaster.
                    Napier's proposal has won the backing of powerful House Speaker Greg Stumbo, D-Prestonsburg, but critics say it would stigmatize welfare recipients and possibly harm their innocent children.
                    "I'm not a hard-hearted guy," said Napier. "I believe there is a need for public assistance for those who need it, but I understand some are using these funds to buy drugs."
                    Napier said the goal "is to get people off drugs."
                    Want more? Read the full story...

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2011/01/17/1...#ixzz1CE34IvkE

Comment

Originally posted by krazy kris View Post

oh fucking wah...

Sounds fair enough to me. If i gotta pee in a bottle to earn mine, why shouldn't they have to for their free handout??

Comment

Originally posted by fitzwell View Post
                        oh fucking wah...

Sounds fair enough to me. If i gotta pee in a bottle to earn mine, why shouldn't they have to for their free handout??
                        Amen brother! Preach on...

Comment

In addition to random tests, everyone should have pass one as part of the approval process. Why even start them on welfare if they aren't clean?

Comment

Unless Kentucky is willing to take drastic measures, I'm not sure the cost of urinalysis testing for everyone on welfare is going to be offset.

If they were willing to permanently ban people who fail from ever getting state benefits again, plus make them repay what they have received, I'm all for it. If they're just going to cut them off and let them re-apply later, what's the point?

I'd like to see them go even further by preventing anyone ever convicted of a felony from receiving funds...
                            Last edited by clevelandkid; 01-27-2011, 09:38 AM.

Comment

Make the recipient pay for it
                              I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Working...
                              X