X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas passes Voter ID bill

W00t!

The short of it:
    Sen. Troy Fraser , R-Horseshoe Bay, author of the bill, noted that it will allow Texans to get a state ID card for free from the Department of Public Safety. The state ID is one of the photo IDs that would establish the voter’s identity for voting purposes.
    Sen. Tommy Williams, R-The Woodlands, said there is nothing unreasonable about the proposed requirement and observed that it is “unlikely there will be a whole lot of people in Texas who don’t already have a driver’s license or a state ID card.” Williams and other supporters also pointed to public opinion polls indicating most Texans favor the change.

The bill would require Texans to show a driver’s license, state ID card, military ID, concealed handgun license, passport or citizenship ID to vote. An effort by Democrats to include student IDs with photos was rejected by Republicans.
    "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Lmao at student id's. You know... they are pretty official these days. haha
    www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Include student ID's.....gotta love those stupid Democrats.

Comment

I love the Democrat assholes (pronounced: traitors to this country) who are shitting their pants over losing their ballot boxes stuffed full of duplicate votes.
        Originally posted by racrguy
        What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
        Originally posted by racrguy
        Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

so you now have to purchase an ID to vote? I guess if you want to keep homeless people from voting its a good idea. I guess paying the minimum $25 for a state ID is not that bad, its just the thought of most texans having their voting rights now in the hands of the DPS that really scares me

Comment

Originally posted by Cannonball996 View Post
            so you now have to purchase an ID to vote? I guess if you want to keep homeless people from voting its a good idea. I guess paying the minimum $25 for a state ID is not that bad, its just the thought of most texans having their voting rights now in the hands of the DPS that really scares me
            The simple fact that you don't like it makes me like it even more.

Comment

Originally posted by sc281 View Post
              The simple fact that you don't like it makes me like it even more.
              I dont like it because its clearly unconstitutional in that it violates the 15th amendment and voting rights act of 1965. both state that as long as you are an American citizen you have the right to vote and there can be no other other requirements.

the state can not require US citizens to purchase an ID in order to keep their right to vote.

Comment

I dont like it because its clearly unconstitutional in that it violates the 15th amendment and voting rights act of 1965. both state that as long as you are an American citizen you have the right to vote and there can be no other other requirements.

the state can not require US citizens to purchase an ID in order to keep their right to vote.
                Notice how in the original post it says the Id's are given out for FREE.

Sen. Troy Fraser , R-Horseshoe Bay, author of the bill, noted that it will allow Texans to get a state ID card for free from the Department of Public Safety. The state ID is one of the photo IDs that would establish the voter’s identity for voting purposes.
                Read and comprehend, for once in your life.

Comment

The fact that you can't read saddens me that you do vote:
                  Originally posted by GhostTX View Post

Read the article, too
                  Republicans say their proposal mirrors the Indiana voter ID law, which has been in effect for nearly five years and was upheld by the U.S. Supreme Court.
                  Last edited by GhostTX; 01-27-2011, 04:08 PM. Reason: Doh! Beat by sc281!!

Comment

The purpose of this was to keep illegals from voting. However, a student ID bypasses that by a tad.

Way to go. They made it seem like they care about us, but still fucked it up.

AT LEAST ITS FREE!!!!

Just wanted to make cannonfodder could see it.

Comment

It's not that hard to get an ID. If it will keep the illegals from voting all of the pro-illegals into office, I'm all for it.

Comment

as long as I can get an ID for free then I am cool with it
                        Last edited by Cannonball996; 01-27-2011, 04:35 PM.

Comment

The bill would require Texans to show a driver’s license, state ID card, military ID, concealed handgun license, passport or citizenship ID to vote. An effort by Democrats to include student library cards was rejected by Republicans.
                          Fixed!

Comment

Originally posted by Muffrazr View Post
                            The purpose of this was to keep illegals from voting. However, a student ID bypasses that by a tad.
                            Student ID's as identification were rejected in the bill.

Comment

as long as I can get an ID then I am cool with it
                              Do you not have a DL?

Again, I hope your lack of reading has not put you in the position to look like a fool. The new ID is for the people that can't afford it, but is only one form out of like 6 different forms you may present.

side note....

The student IDs is hilarious....because there is no way an illegal can get one of those....it's cool nothing to see here.

Democrats....holding down the middle class one illegal at a time

Comment

Working...
                              X