Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have a argon tank for mig to sell?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have a argon tank for mig to sell?

Wanting to learn to put two pieces of metal together have a Lincoln welder but no tank. Wanted to see if anyone had one laying around they want to get rid of cheap.

Hope I'm not raping the forum rules too much.

If you want to play or "learn," run some flux core wire in it instead of shielding gas. It's messy but works.

If you bring me a big cylinder and I will give you a small one. lol

I have had really good luck with Craigslist for my bottles. They are generally full when I get them too.

Then when I need a refill or if it's outdated, I swap them out at Home Depot. Good prices and open 7 days a week.

Comment

I would just buy the steel wherever you plan on having it refilled. They're not that expensive, and you don't want to get stuck with an out of date cylinder or a stolen rental unit.
      http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

If I had a big one I wouldn't be here (insert rim shot)

I have a small one (<--- that's what she said) welder that is that I use flux on

But the 220 I want to use a shielding gas.

Need to help a friend with his fence so need to weld some

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
          I would just buy the steel wherever you plan on having it refilled. They're not that expensive, and you don't want to get stuck with an out of date cylinder or a stolen rental unit.
          The brethren from dfdub would never sell anything stolen!

Craig's maybe

Comment

Buy one from where ever you are going to get refills. I went the craigslist route when I got my first tank and it was too big to get filled anywhere. It was stamped around the neck with a shops name that was out of buisness and no one else would mess with it. I had a shop explain it to me and show me the different size bottles and after a certain size they get collars with names stamped in them and you can only get them to fill and service the bottle. I ended up giving that bottle away since it was pretty much worthless to me.

I found out Home Depot 2 blocks from me does exchanges so I bought a bottle from them and now exchange there.

Save yourself the headache

Comment

Home Depot, northern tools, and welding supply all have exchange bottles.
              07 GT500
              05 SRT10
              88 turbocoupe T-bird
              93 Cobra
              86 coupe
              Ducati 848

Comment

Working...
              X