looking to get into the XJ scene

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking to get into the XJ scene

Patrick and I were talking today after shooting and he got me thinkin about an XJ. Im going to sell my 97 F150 4x4 since the bed is rarely used and the exended cab is getting too small for my son in a car seat. Oh, and the 10-12 mpg combined isnt great either...

So. My question here is, who's done a 2wd to 4wd XJ swap? The 2wd XJ's are pretty dang reasonably priced with low miles and a 4.0. I'm ok with doing the swap if it means Im getting an unabused, clean, low miles XJ. If anyone has a link to a video or great write up, I'd appreciate it!

Oh, and if u know anyone wanting a clean, great runnin (Ac and heat work perfect) supercab f150 let me know. I'm asking 5,400 obo on CL. its auto 4x4 and looks dang good for 17 years old. 2nd owner. 180k miles. 4.6L V8.

Oh, and this will be a daily driver. Not planning on cutting the fenders to put monsterous tires and lift on her. Just a fun, reliable, and capable ride.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Tannerm View Post
        Patrick and I were talking today after shooting and he got me thinkin about an XJ.
        Don't put that on me, you got there on your own volition.

Comment

Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
          Don't put that on me, you got there on your own volition.
          Ninja plz. You said "you should get a XJ...." and then stared at me. It scared me. I felt obligated. So ya.

Comment

Ninja plz. You said "you should get a XJ...." and then stared at me. It scared me. I felt obligated. So ya.
            Makin' me sound like Yale.

Comment

Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
              Makin' me sound like Yale.
              LMAO.... No... No...

Im starting to think you and I are the only ones in this forum. Hmmm...

Comment

You should do a hemi swap.

Comment

Just lift the 2wd, I ran one for years with a lift. It was my second owned vehicle, also my daily in High school/College and we beat the ever living fuck out of it. It was pretty good in the mud for only 2wd and would still keep up with my buddies CJ climbing. I just had a 4 inch lift and 32" BFG All terrains on it. The problems with those are the AC, Rear main seals and death wobble lol. All in all I would drive another in a heartbeat.

Comment

Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
                    You should do a hemi swap.
                    shoooooot sean, u buyin?

Comment

shoooooot sean, u buyin?
                      Let's just confiscate one.

Comment

Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
                        Let's just confiscate one.
                        Write me a warrant baby!

U still getting on xbox??? I'm about to log on for bf... Get on.

Comment

I was gettin on something, just not Xbox.

Comment

Working...
                          X