• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From RIA 45 to XDS 9 (post recall)

Got rid of the RIA 1911 45

And now have this Springfield XDS 9mm

I love the concealability and feel of the gun

Now for some night sights and grip extensions

I love the size of mine, .45, just takes some getting used too when you come off a 4.25" barrel
    Originally posted by Sean88gt
    You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
    Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
    You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

I can't imagine you'd be upset about the transition. Good choice.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Were you carrying the 1911?

Keep an eye on your guide rod where it contacts the barrel. I noticed mine is wearing quicker than I expected after 300 rounds it looks a little chewed. Some yahoo on xd talk blamed frog lube (which I have used since day 1). Take it for what it's probably not worth.

Comment

That's interesting... so a lubricant is responsible for the excessive wear?
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
            That's interesting... so a lubricant is responsible for the excessive wear?
            I don't buy it either. What is the life expectancy on a guide rod?

Comment

Originally posted by TeeShock View Post
              I don't buy it either. What is the life expectancy on a guide rod?
              sliding on steel or polymer?

Comment

sliding on steel or polymer?

Comment

I assume you're talking about the collar at the bottom there?

Comment

So why did you get rid of the 1911?

Comment

Were you carrying the 1911?

Keep an eye on your guide rod where it contacts the barrel. I noticed mine is wearing quicker than I expected after 300 rounds it looks a little chewed. Some yahoo on xd talk blamed frog lube (which I have used since day 1). Take it for what it's probably not worth.
                      I was carrying the 1911

Comment

I assume you're talking about the collar at the bottom there?
                        Correct. It hasn't faired as well as my clapped out xd40's rod collar. Both guns are treated with frog lube paste. Sorry for the thread jack OP keep an eye on it and go enjoy shooting it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
                          So why did you get rid of the 1911?
                          Nothing particular really...I was in need of something a bit more concealable...plus the GI model being extremely basic, really made me want a higher end 1911.

Plus the XDS was a great deal

Comment

I really wouldn't worry about it. It has some wear, but it's by no means bad.

Comment

Correct. It hasn't faired as well as my clapped out xd40's rod collar. Both guns are treated with frog lube paste. Sorry for the thread jack OP keep an eye on it and go enjoy shooting it.
                              This is all relevant to me, so keep it coming. Hopefully make it out this weekend to shoot some.

Comment

Working...
                              X