Got my press!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got my press!!!!!!

So I'm pretty excited. The 650 came in the mail yesterday, like 20 mins before I had to go to work. So that sucked but when I got home I played around with it till 1:30 in the morning. I have to pick up some 231 before I can set up the powder charging system. But this is what it looks like so far. Oh and the workbench only cost me $32.00 to build, way better than the $200 that cabelas wanted for a reloading bench, lol. Here are a few pics, just thought I'd brag a little!

04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Originally posted by Sean88gt
    There is something about her that just makes my dick completely take over any thought process. If Russell Brand were on top of her, I'd fuck him just to say I pushed a dick inside of her.

Originally posted by slowyellow View Post
    So I'm pretty excited. The 650 came in the mail yesterday, like 20 mins before I had to go to work. So that sucked but when I got home I played around with it till 1:30 in the morning. I have to pick up some 231 before I can set up the powder charging system. But this is what it looks like so far. Oh and the workbench only cost me $32.00 to build, way better than the $200 that cabelas wanted for a reloading bench, lol. Here are a few pics, just thought I'd brag a little!
    Aww shit! It's time to rock and roll now! Lots of learning and fun await.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Yeah, I can't wait. CJ, I was looking in the book and it was talking about when the powder die bells the mouth of the case it should be .020 in difference from the rest of the case. That seems like a lot, and it doesn't really look like the one in the picture in the book. Does that sound about right? I just don't want to mess anything up.
      04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

There is something about her that just makes my dick completely take over any thought process. If Russell Brand were on top of her, I'd fuck him just to say I pushed a dick inside of her.

Comment

I can't tell on my iPhone. Is it bolted down?
        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Yeah, it's on the strong mount and bolted to the bench. The back is a little un level, so there is a spacer between the mount and the bench. It is solid, no worries about that, lol.
          04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Comment

Yeah, I can't wait. CJ, I was looking in the book and it was talking about when the powder die bells the mouth of the case it should be .020 in difference from the rest of the case. That seems like a lot, and it doesn't really look like the one in the picture in the book. Does that sound about right? I just don't want to mess anything up.
            hmm... I go by visual. I don't even bell some cases. As long as you can set a bullet on the case you're pretty much in business. You should look for a slight enough bell that it can just be seen in the cases reflection, but not visible enough to be noticed from 24".. if that makes any sense. The more you bell the case the weaker the neck will become over time.

Unless that bench is real heavy, you might end up bolting it to the wall, a lot of the movement of the press is front to back.
            Last edited by CJ; 01-29-2011, 09:31 AM.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Newbie to the board.

Very nice setup. $32 is definitely something to be proud of

Comment

Thanks guys. CJ I actually pulled one of my untouched (as far as the machine goes) cases and I set a bullet on it. It sat fine, but I'd be worried tha it would fall off during the indexing. And the bench is pretty damn heavy. The legs are 4X4. It probably weighs around 100-120 lbs. I'll take a picture of one of the cases that is at .020 diff. I think it's too much, but I'll try to post it.
                04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Comment

Awesome man!

Say, is that a midway USA bag I see?
                  Originally posted by lincolnboy
                  After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Thanks guys. CJ I actually pulled one of my untouched (as far as the machine goes) cases and I set a bullet on it. It sat fine, but I'd be worried tha it would fall off during the indexing. And the bench is pretty damn heavy. The legs are 4X4. It probably weighs around 100-120 lbs. I'll take a picture of one of the cases that is at .020 diff. I think it's too much, but I'll try to post it.
                    If you can keep from bolting it to a stud that's better. When you do that it transfers all the sound through the house, and drive your wife nuts. You will be really surprised how well the dillons will align and seat a bullet. You can have them completely canted and it will seat them perfectly.

Comment

Here is a pic of a case a .020 in difference.

04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Comment

Here is a pic of a case a .020 in difference.

That's a little nuts, i'd try .010"

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                          That's a little nuts, i'd try .010"
                          I was just going by what the book said man, lol. I'll back it off later on and do it again. I did one that looked pretty damn good IMO, but checked it and it was at right around .003 But I'll try .01 later on. Thanks CJ.
                          04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Comment

CJ beat me to it, definately too much; that will wear out the cases too fast.....

Comment

I was just going by what the book said man, lol. I'll back it off later on and do it again. I did one that looked pretty damn good IMO, but checked it and it was at right around .003 But I'll try .01 later on. Thanks CJ.
                              Yeah the dillon manuals are really good, but its a starting place, over time you'll be doing it your way.

Comment

Working...
                              X