General Dynamics XM806

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General Dynamics XM806

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

The recoil looks to very tame, but nothing about that platform looks "light weight". The squad version looks like it's 5' long and the vehicle mounted version looked to be over 6'!!! The cyclic rate is very tame too which should make it fairly accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by elPolloLoco View Post
      The recoil looks to very tame, but nothing about that platform looks "light weight". The squad version looks like it's 5' long and the vehicle mounted version looked to be over 6'!!! The cyclic rate is very tame too which should make it fairly accurate.
      Would you want to fire a shoulder .50 cal that weighed 12lbs?
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

It looks like an amazing weapons platform and I supposed it is light compared to a MA2 lol.
        Last edited by CJ; 03-31-2014, 10:38 AM. Reason: whoops, my mistake.

Comment

They say it weighs half of a M2HB, and those weigh 90lbs if I'm not mistaken. So by that metric it's probably less than 45lbs.

Comment

Yup I just looked up the wieght on both of them. It's a good 40+ lighter....pretty impresive especially with the lack of recoil.

Comment

Originally posted by elPolloLoco View Post
              Yup I just looked up the wieght on both of them. It's a good 40+ lighter....pretty impresive especially with the lack of recoil.
              It doesn't look like a standard .50bmg cartridge either. It appears to be some sort of wildcat or proprietary cartridge.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                It doesn't look like a standard .50bmg cartridge either. It appears to be some sort of wildcat or proprietary cartridge.
                Title of vid says 12.7mm (50 BMG is a 12.7 × 99)

Also the XM806 was cancelled back in 2012 so this is just another dead project marketing video.

Comment

45lbs of gun, and 200rds of .50bmg as a load out? They better clone Adam.
                  ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Binky View Post
                    Title of vid says 12.7mm (50 BMG is a 12.7 × 99)

Also the XM806 was cancelled back in 2012 so this is just another dead project marketing video.
                    Haha, yes I'm aware .50 is 12.7mm, but that case isn't anywhere near as long, it looks like a wildcat or proprietary cartridge.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                      Haha, yes I'm aware .50 is 12.7mm, but that case isn't anywhere near as long, it looks like a wildcat or proprietary cartridge.
                      Looks like it's .50BMG
                      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Looks like I'm wrong then.

Comment

Can I haz one suppressed?

Comment

I have to agree with CJ, doesn't look anywhere big enough to be a 50BMG in the video. Look at the case size in the mans hand as he's feeding the belt. It might have been rechambered for the marketing department so they could show how little it recoils or something.

Comment

Working...
                            X