Anyone here kart?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone here kart?

A buddy and myself have started karting somewhat recently (rotax), and are both prepping to join a few of the local race series. I'm about a second off the pace of the front runners at NTK and looking for a good driver coach and setup support.

Anyone have coach suggestions?

Also, My ribs have taken a beating even though I have a rib protector (K1 carbon fiber). The accelerometers show I'm barely topping 2.5Gs, but the protector is starting to crack. Any advice on better gear?

Grape would be a good person to talk to.

Comment

I was thinking about grape but haven't seen him post in a good while. Is he still around?

Comment

Karting looks hellafun. Ever since I had my first go kart with a 636cc Kawi engine swapped in I've wanted to drive a shifter kart. I really just want to drive it on the local golf course. It's the perfect size! I have no idea what I'm doing.
        Originally posted by Buzzo
        Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

There is a guy on here, SN Kart21. Met him several years ago, he's big into karting, or at least used to be.

Comment

My roommate is the S4 national champ from 2013. Are you going to be at the big race at Dkc in a few weeks? If you think Rotax is fun, a 125 shifter will put a big ol' smile on your face!

Comment

This reminds me, I need to find a kids kart sooooon!

Comment

Get a new seat that fits better, tighter. Be sure your seat struts are in a place that's supports the loads on the sides. At NKT that's turn 7 and the 4,5,6 turns.

How much seat time a week are you putting in? Twice a week ? Are a member of NKT. If not, join, it's only $315.00 and you get a KEY TO THE TRACK. and you don't have to mess with the rental karts that are at DKC.

Driver coach would be Tom Harris's kid, Breck. He's fast and is a driver coach at Motorsports Ranch in Cresson. I don't have Brecks number but here is his dads. Tom has been in karting forever and can point you in the right direction for set up and gear. 817.988.7158

I use a Bonesaver rib protector and a full cover Tillet seat without issues. Its real snug. You might be moving around in the seat, just my 2 cents. That will effect your times greatly. I had that issue when driving the Legends car, different seat, times dropped.

Talk to Chris Williams / Core Karting at your next NTK race. They are at the front of the Pit runner. They MIGHT be a little on the basic side as you are close to the front now.

Do you have a chassis / driver book? If not get Kart Driving Techniques by Jim Hall and Steve Smith and Kart Chassis Set up Technology by Steve Smith. I think you can get them from Steve Smith Autosports.

I can't stress seat time enough.....fix your seating/rib issue....tune the chassis.

In Rotax, the power is close, the driver / chassis is the difference.

PM me with a number if you want more info.

Drive fast!!!!

Comment

Just saw this response after the PM! Thanks for the heads up, I will look into all of this information.

Already a member at NTK, and only been at the track every other week for the past month. Weather and work have messed it up.

Planning at least weekly in the next few weeks.

I am lacking in chassis set up knowledge so I think I can get a lot there.

Comment

How much to get into a kart to start playing around at NKT?
                    Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

i have my eye open for one as well.

used craigslist prices:
                      ~2-3k for a 125cc shifter that is an older chassis.
                      ~4-5k for something competitive. seen a couple of rotax dd2 karts in this range.
                      www.hppmotorsports.com
                      ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

bought a kart.

crg dark rider, rotax dd2 max.
                        Last edited by momo; 05-16-2014, 09:33 AM.
                        www.hppmotorsports.com
                        ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

^^^^^ Awesome
                          Big Rooster Racing
                          1985 Mustang GT

Comment

Nice!

I don't think I'd mind getting into karting, but I think my size puts me at a distinct disadvantage.

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                              Nice!

I don't think I'd mind getting into karting, but I think my size puts me at a distinct disadvantage.
                              your tiny wiener size will RARELY come into play on the kart track.

sweet kart momo

god bless.
                              It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Working...
                              X