Eating lunch out daily & weight loss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eating lunch out daily & weight loss

I am in outside sales and I'm out in my territory during lunch almost every day of the week. I struggle with knowing what/where to eat. What are my most healthy options at common places?

Breakfast is usually Wheaties or oatmeal & dinner is usually something I grill or the wife makes.

I run 3-5 days a week, usually in the morning. I really need to focus on my diet, so I'm looking for lunch ideas and any tips/tricks.

Why not pack a healthy lunch in the morning and take with?
    Originally posted by mutherjuggz
    That whole "making love" shit is for the birds. I won't get all graphic on my preferences, but if you can't knock the bottom out with a vengeance.... leave me alone

Comment

Originally posted by T-TOPPS5.0 View Post
      Good question... I've got several excuses... errr reasons

1.) I'm trying to be realistic, and I think I might do that for a few weeks or some days during a week but not all of the time.
      2.) In the morning I have my daughter (2yr) and it is hard enough to get her fed, ready, to school, go for a run, get myself ready, and get out into the field.
      3.) I never know if a customer is going to want to meet for lunch that day and/or cancel on me. So I may pack my lunch then get a lunch appointment, then waste that food. And, I may not pack a lunch because I have an appointment, then the customer cancels and I end up eating out anyway...

Comment

IMO, having never been in that scenario:

Carry moderately 'healthy' foods like chicken/tuna salad wraps/sandwiches, that can be kept cool and not go to waste in the event that you need to meet someone for a meal. A sandwich or such with some carrots as a side is well within acceptable range, and won't spoil if kept in temp.

Other wise, look towards grilled proteins with veggies, or simple protein topped salads with dressings on the side.

Comment

I think as long as you're able to curb your appetite for certain foods you know are bad, you can almost eat amywhere IMO.
          We love Mexican food, I used to pound down those basket of chips when we'd go eat there. Now I just don't eat them or will have a handfull and I always order the chicken soft taco's w/ grilled onions and w/o the rice and beans.
          Just because you eat out doen't mean you have to eat what you normally would. And never eat untill you're stuffed, eat till full or satisfied and call it quits.
          And IMO carbs before 3pm or around lunch should for the most part be burned off by 6 or so.
          Just don't eat a carbed up dinner and you should be good. If we eat fast food or anywhere I'm always looking for the lowest carbs and highest protien meals.
          Just have the will power not to order soft drinks, beer, chips, appetizers & chose a descent meal and enjoy it.
          Just my thoughts.
          2 Chronicles 7:14
          If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Comment

Yup, whenever I eat out, it's always chicken fajita's for 2 on corn, with about 8, 16oz glasses of water.

All this food talk is making me hungry, off to eat 3lbs of chicken chili before bed.
            I feel bad for my workout partner in the AM, leg day right after the frijoles!
            Last edited by stangin4lyfe; 01-30-2011, 12:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tex View Post
              IMO, having never been in that scenario:
              Never been a fatass like me?

Originally posted by Up0n0ne View Post
              I think as long as you're able to curb your appetite for certain foods you know are bad, you can almost eat amywhere IMO.
              We love Mexican food, I used to pound down those basket of chips when we'd go eat there. Now I just don't eat them or will have a handfull and I always order the chicken soft taco's w/ grilled onions and w/o the rice and beans.
              Just because you eat out doen't mean you have to eat what you normally would. And never eat untill you're stuffed, eat till full or satisfied and call it quits.
              And IMO carbs before 3pm or around lunch should for the most part be burned off by 6 or so.
              Just don't eat a carbed up dinner and you should be good. If we eat fast food or anywhere I'm always looking for the lowest carbs and highest protien meals.
              Just have the will power not to order soft drinks, beer, chips, appetizers & chose a descent meal and enjoy it.
              Just my thoughts.
              I like tex-mex as well, but I'm going to try eat better portions.

I also plan on writing everything I eat down... for at least a week to see how it all adds up.

Comment

Originally posted by T-TOPPS5.0 View Post
                nice avatar

Comment

one solution that 90 percent of places have...

grilled chicken salad with no crutons/bacon/cheese, with a vinegarette like balsamic

Comment

I'm in the same situation, and raised the same question a few weeks back. My biggest problem is whatever I take, has to be cold, because I don't have access to a microwave most of the time. I keep a cooler in the back, and keep it stocked with food and plenty of ice. I, also, never know when an unexpected lunch may pop up. As long as you keep it cold, it's not going to ruin overnight.

I've been making do with things like fruit for snacks, tuna/chicken salad and whole wheat crackers, etc. Really depends on what type of diet you are doing. I'm not concerned with carbs as much as I am calories, sodium, and fat. Whole wheat pasta salad is one of my meals as well. But when I make it, I load it up with red/orange/yellow bell peppers and black olives. I used to add prosciutto, capacola, genoa salami, and pancetta, but those defeat the purpose of the diet. But again, it all depends on what diet you are following. I'm really not even "dieting" per se, just counting calories/sodium/fat and eating as clean as possible. Dinners usually consist of grilled fish/chicken, steamed veggies, and brown rice.
                    Originally posted by BradM
                    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                    Originally posted by Leah
                    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                      I'm in the same situation, and raised the same question a few weeks back. My biggest problem is whatever I take, has to be cold, because I don't have access to a microwave most of the time. I keep a cooler in the back, and keep it stocked with food and plenty of ice. I, also, never know when an unexpected lunch may pop up. As long as you keep it cold, it's not going to ruin overnight.

I've been making do with things like fruit for snacks, tuna/chicken salad and whole wheat crackers, etc. Really depends on what type of diet you are doing. I'm not concerned with carbs as much as I am calories, sodium, and fat. Whole wheat pasta salad is one of my meals as well. But when I make it, I load it up with red/orange/yellow bell peppers and black olives. I used to add prosciutto, capacola, genoa salami, and pancetta, but those defeat the purpose of the diet. But again, it all depends on what diet you are following. I'm really not even "dieting" per se, just counting calories/sodium/fat and eating as clean as possible. Dinners usually consist of grilled fish/chicken, steamed veggies, and brown rice.
                      I would say my diet is focusing on eating better and smaller portions. My main problem is I don't like vegetables.

Comment

Originally posted by kenny c View Post
                        Never been a fatass like me?
                        I actually gained 50lbs back around 2003-4, and lost it.
                        I would say my diet is focusing on eating better and smaller portions. My main problem is I don't like vegetables.
                        Sauteed squash, zucchini and eggplant rock. Grilled or sauteed asparagus rocks.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                          I load it up with red/orange/yellow bell peppers and black olives, steamed veggies,
                          Sauteed squash, zucchini and eggplant rock. Grilled or sauteed asparagus rocks.
                          Damn... I don't like any of those things.

I actually gained 50lbs back around 2003-4, and lost it.
                          Nice. I'm looking to lose 20lb. I'm 235 and want to be 215. I haven't been 215 in 9 years.

Comment

Who cares if you "like" it or not. You eat for nourishment not Pleasure. Just cowboy up an eat food that's not fun

Comment

nice avatar
                              LOL thanks. That was the only one I had permission to use.
                              Originally posted by mutherjuggz
                              That whole "making love" shit is for the birds. I won't get all graphic on my preferences, but if you can't knock the bottom out with a vengeance.... leave me alone

Comment

Working...
                              X