Best place to buy blinds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best place to buy blinds?

As stated in my other thread, we are more then likely signing our build contract on 2/15. They quoted us 2350 to install 2" blinds in the house, and I honestly think I can do alot better then that.

Now, where is the best place to buy these cut to the correct size?

Brent
    www.facebook.com/hilldetailworks

When you file your change of address you'll get a 10% off coupon to Lowe's. That's where I'd go.
    Last edited by Leah; Yesterday at 10:18 PM.

Comment

Send this guy a PM. It was either Kenny or Kenny c. I think C.

Comment

What type of blinds did they quote you, wood or metal? Usually builders get pretty decent rates, since they buy in such bulk, you may not be able to beat the price they have.

Comment

Tell them to include them at no charge.. That's what I did.

Comment

<--- been selling window coverings to builders/dealers for 7 years

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
            What type of blinds did they quote you, wood or metal? Usually builders get pretty decent rates, since they buy in such bulk, you may not be able to beat the price they have.
            Usually builders double their $$ on blinds

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
            Tell them to include them at no charge.. That's what I did.
            This.

About 3 days before your QA inspection, tell them to throw them in for free.

Comment

I just looked at your other thread... David Weekley. They buy from a company who buys from my company, so you have 2 layers of markup there. Just PM the window schedule when you sign your contract.

Comment

I can do that. wont be a problem sending you the window schedule. what is the QA inspection anyway? is that the first walkthrough to mark the issues i have, or is that the FINAL walkthrough when we say all is said and done?

And does that kind of thing really work? Not really sure how you would go about that.

Brent

Comment

I did mine from blinds.com... faux wood, and they look every bit the same as the blinds I was quoted $1300 for only 8 windows. I put them up myself in a couple of hrs w/ breaks and it only cost me $450 shipped to the door. They fit perfectly from my measurements, the valence is just fine, and they look every bit as good as the over priced installers.

You can get wood for about the same... I read humidity is bitch on them though, so I passed.

If I was going to be here much longer than 5 years, I probably would have gotten some nice plantation shutters though.

Comment

The wife desperately wants plantation shutters in the bedroom, living room, and breakfast area. But its hard to swallow the price of them. they are great looking though.

Comment

i would order some sample pieces from blinds.com there are many sites just like them, but when i ordered my samples, they sent me a 10% coupon so I went with them. That paid for the tax which I was happy enough to take.

they are small samples, but you can judge the texture, color, and overall finish pretty well, and it's FREE

Then order and do it yourself, it's the easiest shit I've ever done

Comment

Originally posted by akfodysvn View Post
                        i would order some sample pieces from blinds.com there are many sites just like them, but when i ordered my samples, they sent me a 10% coupon so I went with them. That paid for the tax which I was happy enough to take.

they are small samples, but you can judge the texture, color, and overall finish pretty well, and it's FREE

Then order and do it yourself, it's the easiest shit I've ever done
                        Yep... blinds.com is our single largest cutomer. They buy from us (and everyone else) at really low multipliers, then sell it with very little margin in it for them. They subscribe to the buy low, sell low, high volume method. Their "economy" blinds are our product with their sticker on them.

Just FYI - I don't make any $$ from deals I give people on here. I'm doing it to just hook y'all up. I'm basically allowing y'all to buy direct from us (the manufacturer) through a division that has sales/installation in DFW at very little margin.

Comment

if what' kenny is saying is true, I would go for it. Get some good samples. I got the blinds that were one step above the entry, and everyone thinks I spent a lot more money on them. I've seen some mixed reviews on blinds.com for the budget entry level, but above that they are darn good

Comment

kenny, how would one go about purchasing from you? website i can look at the blinds you offer?

god bless.
                            It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

I went through Kenny to purchase blinds for my parent's home for a Christmas present.

They came out and did the measurements and sent that back to the warehouse to get the blinds ready. One of the windows had a pretty big gap, so they came back out without issue, re-measured, and got new blinds.

The product is good and they've had them installed for well over a year now.

If you have the old school 1" blinds, upgrading will make the house look a lot newer.

Comment

Working...
                              X