Tv just popped

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tv just popped

Me an the fam are just sitting her watch toy story 3 and the sob make a popping sound and goes dark. WTF?
    .....bro....

Is it a DLP?

Comment

It's a dlp
      .....bro....

Comment

Great! I think it's the lamp. The light on the tv says so. I have that mistu 65in that someone posted that was going for 600 something. After a year and little use, it popped
        .....bro....

Comment

Throw a bulb in it.

Comment

The bulb is about half the price of the ones in the other thread fyi

Comment

http://www.compusa.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=6577561&CatId=1830 For anyone in the market for a new TV.
              Check your self bro , you're not that cool.

Comment

Yup, that's the tv. So can I buy a lamp locally?
                .....bro....

Comment

Originally posted by A+ View Post
                  Yup, that's the tv. So can I buy a lamp locally?
                  if you bought a warranty it probably covers the bulb.

i think frys has some bulbs locally but it's cheaper online though. make sure you dont touch the bulb with your fingers.
                  www.hppmotorsports.com
                  ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

You have probably already replaced the lamp by now, but on a Mitsubishi I always recommend the lamp from the manufacturer. I've seen a lot of problems with the generic online lamps out there. The extended warranty companies generally send us the cheapest thing they can find. We normally end up going back out a few weeks later and swapping in the OEM lamp.

Also, some of the Mits OEM lamps are only ~$100 straight from Mitsubishi.

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
                      You have probably already replaced the lamp by now, but on a Mitsubishi I always recommend the lamp from the manufacturer. I've seen a lot of problems with the generic online lamps out there. The extended warranty companies generally send us the cheapest thing they can find. We normally end up going back out a few weeks later and swapping in the OEM lamp.

Also, some of the Mits OEM lamps are only ~$100 straight from Mitsubishi.
                      You have any hookup in JVC bulbs?

Comment

Originally posted by A+ View Post
                        Great! I think it's the lamp. The light on the tv says so. I have that mistu 65in that someone posted that was going for 600 something. After a year and little use, it popped
                        yup, same happened to mine and my buddies mitsu - I'm done with rear projection - especially mitsubishi - their TV's are garbage - I had two go out in just over 1 year. And 10 to 1 if you replace that lamp the shitty Sanyo convergence IC's will shit the bed before it goes out.
                        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by 2K2 LS1 View Post
                          You have any hookup in JVC bulbs?
                          Not really... We're not an OEM servicer for JVC.

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                          yup, same happened to mine and my buddies mitsu - I'm done with rear projection - especially mitsubishi - their TV's are garbage - I had two go out in just over 1 year. And 10 to 1 if you replace that lamp the shitty Sanyo convergence IC's will shit the bed before it goes out.
                          DLPs don't have convergence IC's. Older CRT based projection sets have them to keep the alignment of the 3 CRTs.

Comment

Working...
                          X