Bought my first XD today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bought my first XD today

And so far I'm really liking it. I bought the .45 ACP XD that was for sale in the classifieds this afternoon. I really like what it comes with (storage box, holster, mag carrier, etc.) and it's to bad more gun manufacturers do not do this. Can't wait to take it to the range but not sure when that will be.

Been a Glock fan boy since the early 90's when I bought my first one. This just might convert me

Originally posted by bitter jose View Post
    And so far I'm really liking it. I bought the .45 ACP XD that was for sale in the classifieds this afternoon. I really like what it comes with (storage box, holster, mag carrier, etc.) and it's to bad more gun manufacturers do not do this. Can't wait to take it to the range but not sure when that will be.

Been a Glock fan boy since the early 90's when I bought my first one. This just might convert me
    I don't thibk you'll be converted, rather adding another brand you like. I like both, but still carry a Glock.

Congrats on the purchase.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
      I don't thibk you'll be converted, rather adding another brand you like. I like both, but still carry a Glock.

Congrats on the purchase.
      I'd buy an XD in a minute if they had a subcompact .45. Going to have to go to glock for it, though.
      DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

I've been wanting one. 4 or 5 inch barrel on yours?

Comment

Congrats on purchase, but I am not an XD fan. I bought an XD9 full size and just didn't like it. Love my Glock 22 though...I would make love to it if I could.

Comment

Hope you enjoy it Jose.. It is a sweet shooting pistol, and you can't beat 13+1 in .45 :thumbs:

Comment

I bought my first XD a few weeks ago and have yet to shoot it. I can say that it feels a shit ton better then any of my Glocks. I bought my first Glock in '94, was a 26. I have had about 10 of them through out the years. They are not bad guns, and I would still own one, I just find them kind of blah.....

Comment

You will love it. They are great guns. I have owned xds for years. Never had a ftf on my 45. I trust my life with it. Not sure if you will be converted. Personally I do not like the feel of a glock, its why I don't have any anymore. But they too are great guns.

Comment

Ya thanks Jake on holding it for me till we could meet. It's a 4" barrel. May not be converted completely but it's definitely a very nice gun. Like I said, I like all the accessories it comes with plus some of the features like the frame and barrel having more groves (I think the Glock Gen 4 is like this), the loaded chamber indicator (it's more visible than what the Glock has), and the fact that it has a thumb safety which while not a selling point it is a nice feature to have. It's been a while since I handled a Glock 21 but the frame on the XD certainly seems slimmer. We will see after some range time plus I've never shot a .45 polymer gun so I'll see how it recoils, etc.

Comment

Where's Dohtor to tell you you made a mistake?

Congrats. Love my XD 40
                    "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

I love my XD9!

Comment

Originally posted by bitter jose View Post
                        Ya thanks Jake on holding it for me till we could meet. It's a 4" barrel. May not be converted completely but it's definitely a very nice gun. Like I said, I like all the accessories it comes with plus some of the features like the frame and barrel having more groves (I think the Glock Gen 4 is like this), the loaded chamber indicator (it's more visible than what the Glock has), and the fact that it has a thumb safety which while not a selling point it is a nice feature to have. It's been a while since I handled a Glock 21 but the frame on the XD certainly seems slimmer. We will see after some range time plus I've never shot a .45 polymer gun so I'll see how it recoils, etc.
                        You will find the recoil really isn't bad at all. I can rapid fire mine at 25 yards and hit the target lol.

Comment

I have that pistol but before the thumb safety. I believe they did that to meet requirements of police departments and such.

I am most accurate with that gun out of all my guns.

Looking forward to hearing your feedback.

Look up the Powder River Precision trigger kit on XDTalk.
                          Last edited by Leah; Yesterday at 10:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by propellerhead View Post
                            I have that pistol but before the thumb safety. I believe they did that to meet requirements of police departments and such.

I am most accurate with that gun out of all my guns.

Looking forward to hearing your feedback.

Look up the Powder River Precision trigger kit on XDTalk.
                            I don't want a thumb safety on my duty gun... If it did have a safety I would not have it engaged. The trigger safety is enough for me. Don't need anything to complicate it in high stress situations.

Comment

Please post a report after you take it out. I saw one yesterday for $399. I should have picked that up. I'm a big XD fan and mine has been ultra reliable. I'm wanting to get the .45...
                              Last edited by cad424; 01-31-2011, 09:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X