Good Deal on BCG?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Deal on BCG?

Where can I find a good deal on a complete BCG for my AR?

Its the only part I need now to start firing.

What about optics?
    I think at this point I am going to go with a cheap"er" red dot for now. And a flashlight of some sort.

Any recomendations there on what to get or where to buy?
    Last edited by Treybiz; 01-31-2011, 09:48 AM. Reason: TARD

Originally posted by Treybiz View Post
    Where can I find a good deal on a complete BCG for my AR?

Its the only part I need now to start firing.

What about optics?
    I think at this point I am going to go with a cheap"er" red dot for now. And a flashlight of some sort.

Any recomendations there on what to get or where to buy?
    There is a thread with some suggestions in it. Some cheap ones as well. As for the BCG i have no clue.

Comment

You can find some pretty good deals on ar15.com
      "You don't so much drive it, more like poke it with a sharp stick and channel the fury when you piss it off."

FFL & LTC Instructor
      http://firstresponsefirearms.com/
      Factory Five MK4 Cobra
      Build thread-http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17889
      http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/BlitzAttack65/
      www.wix.com/cdurhamwot/blitzattack-mk4-build
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 01yz2nv View Post
        You can find some pretty good deals on ar15.com
        I started poking around there this morning...

As far as the red dot I might just be looking for personal experience from folks

Comment

Get this one. It's the heart of your rifle.

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-B...0auto%20mp.htm

On optics...you get what you pay for. You should try out an EOtech or AIMpoint before you decide to shell out any cash on a low priced optic.The EOtech 512 can be had for around $400..less if you can find a used one.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon-k View Post
            Get this one. It's the heart of your rifle.

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-B...0auto%20mp.htm

On optics...you get what you pay for. You should try out an EOtech or AIMpoint before you decide to shell out any cash on a low priced optic.The EOtech 512 can be had for around $400..less if you can find a used one.
            I had an EOtech on a 10/22 once upon a time and liked it... buutt

I was really trying to stay under $200 for optics on this rifle... I built it to be my first AR, cheap, and a truck gun for the ranch...

On the BCG....

I can get a DSA BCG (I have a DSA upper) for quite a bit less than the one from Bravo Company. Is it worth it for me to spend the extra coin?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Treybiz View Post
                I had an EOtech on a 10/22 once upon a time and liked it... buutt

I was really trying to stay under $200 for optics on this rifle... I built it to be my first AR, cheap, and a truck gun for the ranch...

On the BCG....

I can get a DSA BCG (I have a DSA upper) for quite a bit less than the one from Bravo Company. Is it worth it for me to spend the extra coin?
                In my personal opinion there is little to no different between BCG's. Unless you plan on doing some 500 yard target shooting, or you're going to be working for blackwater any BCG is just fine.
                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I've had really good luck buying off of AR-15.com classified, both new and used.

If you were going to do a LOT of rapid fire a full auto BCG would be better, other than that 5.56 BCG's are about the same. It is a little different when you get into other calibers in the AR....

If it's going to be a truck gun that will be banged around I would stay away from telescopic sights and go with holographic or red-dot. You can set up open sights also to aim thru these if the battery goes dead or they fail otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by tgrper View Post
                    They have some good prices!

BCG for $99 and chrome BCG for $125.....

Comment

Originally posted by bronco71 View Post
                      They have some good prices!

BCG for $99 and chrome BCG for $125.....
                      Since its a truck gun like I said I will probably go with the $99 one.

My next black rifle I will go a little higher end and slower build.

I am building my first one with the intention of using it and not having to worry about it.

Comment

Hell if it is going to be a truck gun, I would stick to iron sights and save some coin.:cool:

Comment

Originally posted by jakesford View Post
                          Hell if it is going to be a truck gun, I would stick to iron sights and save some coin.:cool:

I just picked up a used red dot for twenty five bones. I have had similar on some 10/22s and liked using them.

Comment

Working...
                          X