Tell me what you know about MSR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tell me what you know about MSR

I've had friends that have worked and played out there, but I've never personally been. I'm going to visit on Thursday and would love any insight y'all might be able to provide.

Thoughts on the track, the events and organizations associated, any of that would be cool.

Thanks in advance.

Get into karting! NTK and DKC are both great spots

Comment

Check out NTK and the demo karts for a good low cost ride. Like free.

After the races on race nights and not near as $$$.

Comment

Do you have a car to run out there?
        I have only run with NASA and PCA out there.
        Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Cressen?
          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
            Cresson?
            FTFY

And I've done motorcycle track days out there and it's awesome. Great track with multiple layouts and ways to run it.
            Originally posted by stevo
            Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

I'm not a good candidate for racing really. Just don't have the time or money. I'm meeting with some folks out there about some business stuff and thought y'all might have some experience to share.

Comment

My buddy is one of the driving instructor s out there in the Mitia class, Breck Harris can give more info, Good guy knows his stuff.

Prob. could help you out with more info.

Comment

it's a nice track. i go once or twice a year. only the basic complaints from me: wish it was closer, car racing wasn't so expensive, and the track prep wasn't so much effort.

wish they would run chump/lemons/wrl type series out there.
                  www.hppmotorsports.com
                  ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Originally posted by momo View Post
                    it's a nice track. i go once or twice a year. only the basic complaints from me: wish it was closer, car racing wasn't so expensive, and the track prep wasn't so much effort.

wish they would run chump/lemons/wrl type series out there.
                    There was some talk of that, and I got called to go check out the place to see if a lemons event would work. Space is the issue, nowhere to park.
                    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                      There was some talk of that, and I got called to go check out the place to see if a lemons event would work. Space is the issue, nowhere to park.
                      Yeah it's a bit tight but we manage to run the NASA event's out there with over 100 track cars, there are ways to get er done
                      Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
                        Yeah it's a bit tight but we manage to run the NASA event's out there with over 100 track cars, there are ways to get er done
                        100 lemons cars means 400 drivers pluss support vehicles.

Comment

they set car limit and that would work but i will say they managed to run one of these at eagles canyon before and i feel like eagles has less room than MSR.

MSR has $ members, i'm guessing they might not the riff-raff.

and i'm guessing we never land one of these series at COTA.
                          www.hppmotorsports.com
                          ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Originally posted by momo View Post
                            they set car limit and that would work but i will say they managed to run one of these at eagles canyon before and i feel like eagles has less room than MSR.

MSR has $ members, i'm guessing they might not the riff-raff.

and i'm guessing we never land one of these series at COTA.
                            eagles has a lot of room, hell there is 3-4 times the room just at the bottom of the hill than MSRC has total.

The way I understood it, Lemons was contacted by MSRC, and that was interesting itself. Money is money, and it is a business. I think CCWS would be more likely to run MSRC with a lower car count than Lemons. Dont think COTA wont take money, either.

Comment

Been running there for over 10 years and instructing for most of that time. Your question is very broad. What specific answers are you looking for? I could write a very long response that might answer everything, however, that takes time.

Be specific and I can give you more info than you would ever need.... LOL!

Comment

Working...
                              X