1958 3200 Chevrolet Pickup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1958 3200 Chevrolet Pickup

I have been helping my Dad with this when I can. It needed a good bit of rust repair on the cab, but we have now moved on to the more interesting work. The Jag IFS is complete along with with the rear end and motor/trans mounts. The rear of the long bed was shortened and the frame cut down. Brakes lines are just about done and we got the fuel tank mounted this evening.

I wanted to stay away from bags on this one so the rear axle was flipped and after some reading on the jag forums a coil removed from the front springs. I wanted to run a near factory size tire front and back and a 215/85/16 ended up working out. Its not going to be really low, but the large tire size should fill the wheel arches nicely.

Last edited by NoClassic; 06-17-2014, 07:07 PM.

Disc brakes. After owning a 59 Apache, I can say that those are a well needed upgrade.

Are you going to chrome the front bumper, grill and headlight bezels?

Comment

I can imagine these would be interesting with drums. The jag stuff is four piston with reasonably sized rotors so should be a nice improvement.

This one had all white trim so that will stay.

Last edited by NoClassic; 06-19-2014, 08:26 PM.

Comment

nice! keep us updated i want see that finished

Comment

Looks fun. What are plans for power train?
          "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Its getting a 5.3L and 4l60e.

I will be sure to update when something worth posting gets done.

Comment

We had some adapter brake lines made for the calipers and finished the rest of the rigid sections today. I also worked out a mount for the fuel pickup so we can put a walbro pump in the tank. Waiting on some hard line so we can get the fuel lines going.

Comment

My Dad finished up the brake lines, modified the master cylinder rod, and bled the system yesterday. He also bent and mounted the fuel lines up until the frame to firewall transition. He should be picking up tires and paint for the wheels this week. The motor and body should be going back on the frame pretty soon.

Last edited by NoClassic; 06-29-2014, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Love it! I really dig the stance so far. Keep coming with the pics!

Comment

thanks

The image of the front was just testing for hub/tire position before final welding on the subframe. It will come down to the level you see at the rear.

Comment

Hard to tell from the last picture, but it appears there isn't much length in the rubber portion of the brake line to accommodate wheel clearance and slack for steering.

The chassis is looking nice. My ex co-worker had a 55 that got a fatman crossmember and mustang ii front suspension.

Comment

I thought the same thing when my Dad showed me the lines. Threw a tire and wheel on and all is well.

Some of those mustang two setups look really good. If we didnt have this crossmember already it may have ended up with one.

Comment

The hubcaps showed up a couple days ago. They looked a little funny with the whole thing mirror so I brushed the outer portion. I am still trying to decide if we should paint the bowtie. The caps are from an earlier generation as I really did not like the correct 58 version. The wheels are also all scuffed and ready for paint so that should happen over the weekend. Factory color would be black, but with blackwalls I thought bright white would be better.

Last edited by NoClassic; 07-03-2014, 07:18 PM.

Comment

I am digging the brushed finished, very nice touch in my opinion.

Comment

pretty cool hubcap

Comment

Working...
                              X