I have finally finished my M16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have finally finished my M16

Once I machined off all the forging flaws/seams I had the receiver blasted and anodized hardcoat type III. It came out pretty decent looking, however the shallow engraving done on the receiver back in the 80's really left nearly impossible to see selector markings.

But, that was a blessing... because I did not want a SAFE FIRE AUTO receiver. I took this as an opportunity to re-engrave over these SAFE SEMI AUTO.

It came out great, matched the engraving perfectly to the previous engraving, and the FIRE was so faint, it's completely invisible now with a proper depth. Driving in the trigger guard roll pin was one of the most nerveracking moments. I've never broken an ear off a receiver before, but the day before I was going to a couple of my friends did, which I couldn't help but keep in the back of my mind.

Everything went well and finally, 1 year later to the day I am finished with my M16. Now all I guess there is to do is shoot it?
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Looks great. I like the SEMI more also.

Now that I saw this, I have never broke an ear, it is my turn. lol Support the bottom tab and or a vise grip has always saved me.
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Looks great man! Can't wait to shoot it again.
      Originally posted by Marisa
      we women are all irrational and emotional and insane...some just hide it better than others.

truth.

Comment

Duplicates for about $750?

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
          Duplicates for about $750?
          Sounds reasonable!
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Baller as fuck.
            Originally posted by lincolnboy
            After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

I really dig that. Great work.
              The hand that feeds, bleeds.

Comment

Thanks, I appreciate it guys. I'm no baller, I worked hard for this one. I'm definitely proud that I own this one. I always wanted a machinegun, and vowed I would get one before the cost left my price range.

Comment

Congratulations! I would love to have more info on parts, paperwork and what all you had to go through if you don't mind. I'd love to have my own machinegun, but I'm sure not doing it without all the legal stuff taken care of.

Comment

That's beautiful.
                    sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                    🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Cow fuckers back!

Comment

Originally posted by soap View Post
                        That's beautiful.
                        looks whos back~!!!!! you doing recon on who you going to wack first???

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                          Congratulations! I would love to have more info on parts, paperwork and what all you had to go through if you don't mind. I'd love to have my own machinegun, but I'm sure not doing it without all the legal stuff taken care of.
                          Paperwork is truly the last thing to keep you from getting one. It's very simple. It's just as easy as a suppressor or short barrel rifle, it just costs more.

Comment

Big thanks to Yale also on this one, he supplied me with several parts I needed.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                              Paperwork is truly the last thing to keep you from getting one. It's very simple. It's just as easy as a suppressor or short barrel rifle, it just costs more.
                              How about you break it down for us?

Step 1 : ?

Comment

Working...
                              X