NFL players gone broke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL players gone broke

Despite their median $900,000 annual salaries, a surprising number of NFL players (some estimate up to 80 percent) squander their fortunes in the years immediately following their retirement.

In 2010 alone, former Pittsburgh Steelers lineman Dermontti Dawson joined New York Jets backup QB Mark Brunell(notes), who is still on the field, in bankruptcy court.
    Some one needs Dave Ramsey.
    class joke
    {
    private:
    char Forrest, Jenny, Momma, LtDan;
    double Peas, Carrots;
    string MommaAlwaysSaid(const bool AddAnyTime = True)
    };

I saw the list. Most of the guys lost there ass in real estate moves.
    Last edited by mstng86; 02-01-2011, 09:00 PM.

Comment

The high played guys skew that averages. The league minimum last I cared to look was around $350K. That sounds like a lot but it really isn't.
      Originally posted by racrguy
      What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
      Originally posted by racrguy
      Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
        The high played guys skew that averages. The league minimum last I cared to look was around $350K. That sounds like a lot but it really isn't.
        Yeah I know, it is only 8 times the average family income. Those poor guys.
        class joke
        {
        private:
        char Forrest, Jenny, Momma, LtDan;
        double Peas, Carrots;
        string MommaAlwaysSaid(const bool AddAnyTime = True)
        };

Comment

Originally posted by TexasDevilDog View Post
          Yeah I know, it is only 8 times the average family income. Those poor guys.
          Must be tough to live on only $350k.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
            $350K. That sounds like a lot but it really isn't.
            Yeah, most DFWMustangers find that meager amount between our couch cushions.

Dude, that is a hell of alot of money... especially for a bunch of freaks of nature who play a schoolyard game for a living.
            Originally posted by lincolnboy
            After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Well when you are Antonio Cromartie and have 10 kids to support, its a hard knocked life.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                Yeah, most DFWMustangers find that meager amount between our couch cushions.

Dude, that is a hell of alot of money... especially for a bunch of freaks of nature who play a schoolyard game for a living.
                Wish the players union would see that.

But nooooooooo

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                  Well when you are Antonio Cromartie and have 10 kids to support, its a hard knocked life.

One of the guys, Travis Henry, on the list has 11 kids with 10 different women. One of them had twins. The story said he couldn't afford the $180k child support.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                    One of the guys, Travis Henry, on the list has 11 kids with 10 different women. One of them had twins. The story said he couldn't afford the $180k child support.
                    Do you have to pay that when in federal prison?

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                      Do you have to pay that when in federal prison?
                      That is a good question. He got busted for a cocaine deal or something too.

Comment

350k for a normal 3 year career doesn't add up to much, when the idiots who were paid to cheat their way through college, are worthless to society at 26 and retired from pro sports.
                        pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

Originally posted by Grape View Post
                          350k for a normal 3 year career doesn't add up to much, when the idiots who were paid to cheat their way through college, are worthless to society at 26 and retired from pro sports.
                          Indeed. When they published the details on Vick's spend for his entourage I was blown away. These guys have some degree of talent, but are surrounded by vultures and usually get picked clean while the group does their best to save the money.

Comment

Originally posted by Grape View Post
                            Exactly. 3 years and a million dollars, minus taxes, minus the agent's cut, minus a baller house for himself and another for his mom, an exotic car, and he's broke.
                            Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                            HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

I think the real question to ponder is when the fuck is Dermontti Dawson going to be inducted in the NFL Hall of Fame?!
                              How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Working...
                              X