DART Rail Shut Down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DART Rail Shut Down

In his state of the Union speech last week, President 0bama waxed eloquent over the liberal wet dream of high speed rail projects that will cut pollution, save energy and provide a source of even more government jobs.

Ironic that just a week later the DART rail system was completely shut down by cold weather. Those folks who we really depend upon, firefighters, police, hospitals, and yes, the mailman...they all managed to get to work how?

The good old internal combustion engine, God bless your emissions!

So the DART rail is highspeed now? Are you on that shit?
    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

High speed? Hardly. DART is simply a smaller version of a publicly funded mass transportation project operating at a loss.

Comment

I realize the high speed rail dream is just that, but this thread is odd.
        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by mcmustang View Post
          In his state of the Union speech last week, President 0bama waxed eloquent over the liberal wet dream of high speed rail projects that will cut pollution, save energy and provide a source of even more government jobs.

Ironic that just a week later the DART rail system was completely shut down by cold weather. Those folks who we really depend upon, firefighters, police, hospitals, and yes, the mailman...they all managed to get to work how?

Of course, those new rules will only apply to the common people. The rich and powerful will still have access to regular transportation.

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
            I realize the high speed rail dream is just that, but this thread is odd.
            Same here. It's not like cars and trucks had a wonderful time in this weather...

But since we're on the subject, rail is just not useful enough in a country where everything is as spread out as it is. It is very practical in countries like Japan where the entire countries population lives in a space smaller than California but that isn't here.

In our country, practical public transportation is only seen in the use of buses because their routes can change as demand changes. It also doesn't involve a huge amount of capital expense to get it started. The only possible exceptions are very densely populated areas like the Washington DC area or New York.

Comment

you I have been on the TVG or what ever its called in europe, and that train is real cool, and it makes sense when your traveling sort distances. I dont think it would work for all of our country, but there are parts where it makes sense. like on the east coast between DC and Boston, its toll roads everywhere you drive (not cheap ones like we have here) and if its set up like it is in europe I can not see a flight being any faster then a train. also I could see it working in texas, between the 4 big cities.

Comment

I love it when Europeans start blabbing about their public transportation and wonder why our systems suck. I explain to them that I drive 44 miles round trip to work every workday and usually their head starts to spin. They just don't get it.
                Originally posted by racrguy
                What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                Originally posted by racrguy
                Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by mcmustang View Post

Just curious, why did you use a zero ( 0 ) instead of an oh ( O ) to spell his name?
                  1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                    I love it when Europeans start blabbing about their public transportation and wonder why our systems suck. I explain to them that I drive 44 miles round trip to work every workday and usually their head starts to spin. They just don't get it.
                    After spending some time in Europe (mainly Italy), I can tell you why they LOVE public transportation: Gas is $7 a gallon and the roads suck! They live on top of each other in 400-year-old tiny apartments, with no parking to speak of, which is why they drive Smart Cars and scooters.

Comment

Working...
                    X