new found respect to you road guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new found respect to you road guys

got my first taste at a road course. lets just say DAMN thar was insane. Felt like some real life Forza stuff. And I think I drive almost the same way I race in the game. which is not all that good. lol

my first race was 5 laps in an Audi R8. very fun car and very forgiving. 2nd car was a McLaren mp4-12c. ,, just wow. you can feel the power difference with tha car. I cant really judge them on how they did. But I had a blast and would love to try it again some day

It's addictive. I've never hopped out of the car after a stint without a grin on my face.
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Now go get your own car and we'll see how you do in a crowd.

Comment

I want to drive a McLaren, where do I sign up?

Comment

It's a blast, but an expensive drug for sure that's very addictive.
          Ford
          GM
          Toyota
          VAG

Comment

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
            Now go get your own car and we'll see how you do in a crowd.

I am learning this now!
            I tied the CMC track record in my car but had a hell of a time with traffic.
            Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

I did simple autocross - and then the wife got pregnant. I sold everything I had, cause it was something I would not be able to control if it went anywhere more than autocross. It would have.

I have DINK friends that spend A LOT of money per month on it with no regrets.
              Originally posted by MR EDD
              U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

well it was a blast but I dont think I could ever do it. think my nerves wouldnt be able to handle it. I do recommend if you get a chance do to laps in a exotic car. Do it. going WOT in a exotic car is just plain sweet. I know I will never be able to own one, so this was like a bucket list thing for me

Comment

Eh, you calm down after a few laps and get in the zone.
                  "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Where did you go do this?
                    "You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating Fruit Loops on your front porch"

Comment

Originally posted by AdRock View Post
                      Where did you go do this?
                      in Las vegas. I heard we have something like this in the dfw area.

place in Vegas is calledExotic Car racing. I got up to 115 to 120mph. hard to tell really. but that was down the straight aways. the instructors can hit up to 145mph down the straight a ways from they told me.

Comment

How much was it?

Comment

$399 for the McLaren. , then only paid $150 more for the audi R8, so I got 10 laps. plus $70 for video and got video for everything. plus $99 for 2 laps in a zo6 with a driver who knew how to drift. that was actually pretty cool.

My brother drove the Ferrari 458, badass machine. he paid for 2 extra laps, he beat me on lap time by like a.half of a second. did mine in the 58 seconds. the instructor says they are aroung the 50 to 52.secs on that course. I think we did alright.

Comment

the one I drove , and a few of the others. And some reason I don't see any pics of the Audi R8

Comment

Sweet!!! I would love to experience that!!!

$$$$$$$....someone has some chooo....chooo....$$$$$$$

Comment

Working...
                              X