Katy Perry goes heavy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Katy Perry goes heavy

Not really, but this kid I stumbled across on youtube has extracted Katy Perry's vocals on some of her songs, and wrote his own music for them. It's called Djent metal, some might know what it is, but for those who don't, it's basically really low tuning, using open notes going into palm mutes and odd time signatures. There are parts that sound kinda funky, but 90% of it works like a damned charm.

Here's his youtube page with the four songs he's done so far. Hopefully he'll add more soon.

You can download the songs here for free if interested.
    An 18 year olds ideas in guitar form :) #alternative #rock #drums #music #bass #metal #experimental #synth #7String #cubase #line6 #esp #8String #baritone #djent
    "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

That's crazy! It's a good idea, though.
    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
      That's crazy! It's a good idea, though.
      I'm just glad that I clicked on the suggestions link on youtube. I love the shit out of it. He did a great job.

Comment

Originally posted by poopnut2 View Post
        I'm just glad that I clicked on the suggestions link on youtube. I love the shit out of it. He did a great job.
        Do you like any hip-hop or pop? I'm pretty enthralled with the idea of this website thehoodinternet.com. They mix up top 40 rap and pop, and it's largely hit or miss, but when it's good, it's fucking great. Some of it you wouldn't even expect, like Simian Mobile Disco and Rich Boy, or Cyndi Lauper and Dizzy Raskal. Some of it is pure crap, though, so be warned. The best part is, everything's free to download.
        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Sounds pretty neat, but this thread needs some jiggle:

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
            Do you like any hip-hop or pop? I'm pretty enthralled with the idea of this website thehoodinternet.com. They mix up top 40 rap and pop, and it's largely hit or miss, but when it's good, it's fucking great. Some of it you wouldn't even expect, like Simian Mobile Disco and Rich Boy, or Cyndi Lauper and Dizzy Raskal. Some of it is pure crap, though, so be warned. The best part is, everything's free to download.
            I'll be sure and check it out. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X