Mineral Wells?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mineral Wells?

Anyone ever go out there for the drifting events at the airport? How is it?

Thinking of going for the Feb 12 & 13th event as a spectator just to get some cool photos. Looks like another event is organized for the next weekend. Here is the link:

I did it many years ago for kicks ... was a ton of fun. It wasnt near that big when I went, much more grass roots. If you have a car capable of it (manual and rwd) borrow some wheels from someone and get some used tires. Give it a try, its not all that hard and you will have a blast. I learned a ton when I went out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
      I did it many years ago for kicks ... was a ton of fun. It wasnt near that big when I went, much more grass roots. If you have a car capable of it (manual and rwd) borrow some wheels from someone and get some used tires. Give it a try, its not all that hard and you will have a blast. I learned a ton when I went out there.
      This event I'm probably just going to spectate and get the lay of the land. I was actually thinking of doing it maybe the next weekend (car is rwd and manual), gotta get the drag radials off the rears first though. How long does it take to get through a set of tires doing that?

Comment

Originally posted by Danny46 View Post
        This event I'm probably just going to spectate and get the lay of the land. I was actually thinking of doing it maybe the next weekend (car is rwd and manual), gotta get the drag radials off the rears first though. How long does it take to get through a set of tires doing that?
        fast. you're pretty much spinning the tires the whole time. It's only 5 minutes from my house so I go out there and watch.

Comment

That tarmac will eat a set of tires drifting or not...
          2004 Z06 Commemorative Ed.

Comment

Cool, sounds like a good time! Seems like a lot of people will be out there. You gonna be out there for this one JohnC?

Comment

Cool, sounds like a good time! Seems like a lot of people will be out there. You gonna be out there for this one JohnC?
              most likely.

if you bring a helmet you can ride along.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnc View Post
                most likely.

if you bring a helmet you can ride along.

What do they look for in helmets there? I.e. Who does it need to be approved by? I just may take you up on that.

Comment

I have a motorcycle helmet. you can borrow mine if you want.

Comment

Cool man thanks. If I cant score one i'll let you know.

Comment

In...maybe

I can see the runway lights from my house. I ought to show up to see for myself.

Comment

Im planning on heading out there. Wouldnt mind trying it as well.
                        95 Lightning #1155/2280 - SOLD
                        93 Coupe - SOLD
                        13 5.0 F150 RCSB -DD
                        86 LX hatch - current money pit

Comment

Anyone ever go out there for the drifting events at the airport? How is it?

Thinking of going for the Feb 12 & 13th event as a spectator just to get some cool photos. Looks like another event is organized for the next weekend. Here is the link:

http://www.fabricatedmotorsports.com...p?topic=2304.0
                          There's an airport in that shithole? All I remember from that place is that godforsaken reservist training area.

Comment

One of the nicest little airports around. I lived there for 13 years. It is a shithole but the airport it nice. I fly over there all the time.
                            00 GT
                            Twin Turbo Street Car

Comment

Gonna have to flake on my own thread, sorry guys, work.t this weekend. Will probably come out to the one next week though since I cant make this one. I am pissed, been looking forward to this for a while. Let me know how it turns out.

Comment

Working...
                              X