NASA CMC Mustang update, Hallet and NOLA Motorsports park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NASA CMC Mustang update, Hallet and NOLA Motorsports park

Update:Prepping the CMC car for the next NASA event, NOLA motorsports park, pretty nice looking place, long 9hr journey there. Didn't post on the last race (Hallett), had lots of issues with the car cutting out that were quite frustrating, I need to work on my starts. I tied the CMC track record on Friday and qualified P2 out of 18 on a cut tire on Saturday but my best race finish was 8th, car was randomly cutting out at different times during the race, I just replaced every ignition component on the car so hopefully I'm all set for NOLA.

As far as season points go I am currently 8th out of 27 with missing the 1st event of the year, I would be 2nd or 3rd if I had made the first event.

NOLA
    Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Sounds like fun. I would love to do something like that one day.

Do you have a list of mods that you have done to the car?

Comment

Man that's awesome. Seriously if you wouldn't mind, I would love to tag along to one of these closer events with you. I'd really like to get into this one day and it'd be a good learning experience. I'll do the bitch and grunt work or however I can help.
      Detailing is an Obsession!!

1996 MYSTIC Cobra #405 of 2000

Fox Coupe "Calypso Killer"

Comment

Hallet is a fun track!

Comment

Comment

You will like NOLA. After running that track for One Lap in the subaru, I decided to bring the Mustang. Should be interesting for sure with horsepower and real aero! Can't wait to get there in less than 2 weeks!

We are bringing my mustang and the wife is bringing the subaru since the camaro is down for a heart transplant. She had to one up me and get a MUCH bigger motor.....anyone got some 60# injectors laying around?!

Comment

Thanks, just ordered one.

Originally posted by aggie97 View Post
              You will like NOLA. After running that track for One Lap in the subaru, I decided to bring the Mustang. Should be interesting for sure with horsepower and real aero! Can't wait to get there in less than 2 weeks!

We are bringing my mustang and the wife is bringing the subaru since the camaro is down for a heart transplant. She had to one up me and get a MUCH bigger motor.....anyone got some 60# injectors laying around?!
              Ditto, I'm looking forward to it!

Originally posted by line-em-up View Post
              Sounds like fun. I would love to do something like that one day.

Do you have a list of mods that you have done to the car?
              Not much the car is very class restricted.
              Koni DA's
              30mm front bar, 25mm solid rear bar
              1100lb springs in front
              MM "street" torque arm springs in rear
              MM rear LCA's, sphericals on both ends
              Stock rear UCA
              MM CC plates
              Stoptech BBK

Motor is stock explorer with e-cam, did 272rwhp w/o restrictor, 258 with restrictor
              3550 trans
              spec stg 2 clutch
              Boss 302 T2R diff (not a fan....)

I have to be under 260whp with 3100lb race weight.

Originally posted by Wish4svts View Post
              Man that's awesome. Seriously if you wouldn't mind, I would love to tag along to one of these closer events with you. I'd really like to get into this one day and it'd be a good learning experience. I'll do the bitch and grunt work or however I can help.
              No problem, here is the rest of the schedule.

Sept 20-21 NOLA MotorSports Park-NOLA

Oct 11-12 Texas World Speedway-College Station

Nov 1-2 Eagles Canyon Raceway-Decatur
              Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
                Hallet is a fun track!
                Yes it is.

Comment

Working...
                X