Anyone here collect vinyl?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone here collect vinyl?

I seem to prefer listening to music on vinyl over all other mediums, and i have been collecting vinyl for a couple years (have a couple hundred albums all old rock). Just seeing if anyone else here collects.

My Dad used to have an amazing record collection. Alas, he's gotten rid of most of it. He used to have damn near everything, and first pressings of some pretty good shit. Good Records on lower Greenville has a ton of new stuff on Vinyl, FWIW.
    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

I've got about 50 records, mostly classic rock, jazz and hip-hop. It'd be a bigger collection if I had more money, but as it stands I tend to just buy things that I run across and know I won't be able to find again/is in short supply.

Comment

I don't know if this is really true or if its just me, but i think the music just sounds more rich when played on an album then off of an ipod or CD. Probably also the nostalgic feeling i get from playing vinyl. Im listening to ELO - Fire on high right now, and it just sounds fucking great.

Comment

Originally posted by Pro88LX View Post
          I don't know if this is really true or if its just me, but i think the music just sounds more rich when played on an album then off of an ipod or CD. Probably also the nostalgic feeling i get from playing vinyl. Im listening to ELO - Fire on high right now, and it just sounds fucking great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ewaz0Fzewns
          I fucking love that track!
          ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
            I fucking love that track!
            Yea ELO was a superb band.

Comment

ive got about 60 from my dad. scorpians, ozzy, rush etc
              2012 GT500

Comment

Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
                ive got about 60 from my dad. scorpians, ozzy, rush etc
                do you listen to them? Ive got Rush 2112 Playing right now LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Pro88LX View Post
                  do you listen to them? Ive got Rush 2112 Playing right now LOL
                  hell yeah! no joke, rush is sitting on my player as well. 2112 is a great one.
                  2012 GT500

Comment

ive got a few progressive house records: sasha, digweed, sander kleinenberg, stuff from yoshi toshi records, bedrock, etc...
                    Originally posted by talisman
                    I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
                    Originally posted by AdamLX
                    If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
                    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                    Because fuck you, that's why
                    Originally posted by 80coupe
                    nice dick, Idrivea4banger
                    Originally posted by Rick Modena
                    ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
                    Originally posted by Jester
                    Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

i don't really collect, just listen rather.
                      i'm a few shy of a 100 myself.

yea, i prefer the fidelity of uncompressed audio but i love the whole vinyl experience.
                      listening to an album means i prep, clean, warm up the tubes and actually sit down and listen to the whole album. no remotes, no auto return.
                      Last edited by momo; 02-05-2011, 12:07 PM.
                      www.hppmotorsports.com
                      ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Originally posted by momostallion View Post
                        i'm a few shy of a 100 myself.

yea, i prefer the fidelity of uncompressed audio but i love the whole vinyl experience.
                        listening to an album means i prep, clean, warm up the tubes and actually sit down and listen to the whole album. no remotes, no auto return.
                        If only new music was like that! I haven't bought a cd I can listen the whole way through in a while. Vinyl is god.
                        2012 GT500

Comment

I started last year to collect them, my parents have over 300 of them and I love they way the music sounds on them.

Comment

I have a friend that has been collecting records since around 1984. He has tons of them and a bunch of rare Kiss records, I know some of the ones he has are worth between 1k and 3k.
                            I went to england back int he late 80s and picked up a bunch of rare ones that they didn't sell here.

Comment

PINK FLOYD can't go wrong. I just picked up my dads collection after he passed. He has lots of good stuff I had not seen since I was a kid. I thought he got rid of it. You can imagine while going through his stuff and opening the 4 boxes that contained his whole set was really surprising. Especially since they were all in really good condition.

Comment

Working...
                              X