keeping a bike in a storage place

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• keeping a bike in a storage place

i keep my bike in my parents garage right now but i will be moving to an apt that is pretty far away(20-25mins one way). how much and how safe are storage places? i do have full coverage on the bike but of course i don't want my shit stolen or fucked with. i have looked and there are a few places within a few miles of the apt i am looking at

as far as keeping my bike at the apt, that is a no go. i have heard of waaay to many people getting their bike stolen, fucked with, pushed over, etc. while in an apt complex

now if i can get an apt on the first floor, problem solved

wouldn't be the first time i parked my bike in my apt

I was going to say just get a first floor apt.

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk
    2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

I had a couple of buddies that shared a small Public Storage unit and I think it cost them right around $75/month. That's probably your best/safest bet.

Comment

Originally posted by JasonRR View Post
        I had a couple of buddies that shared a small Public Storage unit and I think it cost them right around $75/month. That's probably your best/safest bet.
        I did this all through college. In that time I knew of about half a dozen bikes that got knocked over and half a dozen that got stolen. I never had an issue. I had bikes, riding gear, and tools in mine.

I moved through three different places until I found one with 24 hour access and lights inside the unit.

I temporarily hijacked the electricity from the light and hung more lights and a power strip, hung up my bike posters, threw some old carpet down on the floor, and basically had my own fully usable garage at any time.
        US Politics in three words - Divide and Conquer

Comment

You can keep it my garage for free, if you leave the keys in it.

Comment

just fyi if mgmt sees the bike in there it's a fire hazard or something and they'll likely fine the shit out of you or call the fire dept to come do it for them.

Comment

A fire hazard? Why? The manager of the storage place boosted my bike off for me afer it sat for several months over the winter and never once said anything about it being there except nice bike.

Comment

I stored a dirt bike in a storage place for a while. Regarding the fire hazard thing, they told me as long as I keep the fuel tank empty they were cool with it.

Comment

You can use my garage. $20 a month.
                  Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
                  Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Originally posted by fastwhite99gt View Post
                    A fire hazard? Why? The manager of the storage place boosted my bike off for me afer it sat for several months over the winter and never once said anything about it being there except nice bike.
                    He's talking about the apartment complex management.

Comment

I had a buddy store his 07 gsxr and yrs later a zx6r. He would go and pick it up to use it and then take it back to the storage. He never had a problem.

Comment

Where you moving Mike?

Comment

i have a friend who currently keeps his car and truck in storage units. HE goes and drives them whenever he wants day or night.
                          Vortex rear stand $75
                          8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
                          My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
                          but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
                          11 4 door
                          13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by Txstang1 View Post
                            i have a friend who currently keeps his car and truck in storage units. HE goes and drives them whenever he wants day or night.
                            Does he walk there?

Comment

Find an apt complex with a garage.

What area are you moving to?
                              www.hppmotorsports.com
                              ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Working...
                              X