My 1911s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 1911s

Well today I was taking a few photos of my 1911s including my new Colts. My wife says I need to wait at least two weeks before buying a new firearm. I'm thinking I'm going to be waiting at least one month, maybe more. I'm really getting down to the nitty gritty of what I really want to have. Safe space is at a premium too, meaning I need a new safe soon as well.

Top Left is my new Grabagun Monday special Colt Gov't Model 45 Cal Series 80.

Middle Left is my Sig Scorpion 1911, also series 80 style action.

Bottom Left is a Rock Island Tactical 1911 in 45 ACP with gunsmith work and some Wilson parts. Trigger pull is in the 3 lb range. It has G10 gunshow grips. I hate Rock Islands factory grips.

Top Right is a Dan Wesson Guardian in 38 Super; 4.25" Commander sized. All others are full length 5" models.

Middle Right is my new Colt Custom Shop series 70 with Novak sights and a commander hammer and dovetail. It should be wearing ivory grips tomorrow if the mailman and I can get on the same page.

Bottom Right is my Rock Island GI spec 38 super with maple grips. It's my wife's favorite shooter making me think once we have CHLs she is going to end up with the Dan Wesson in her purse. I'm going to need to get her a nice holster for it.

Did I mention tomorrow is going to be 1911 day at the range for me? I'm going to take tomorrow afternoon off, hopefully install the new grips, get a hard case for the series 70 colt and go to the range! Colt ships their custom shop stuff in a box only .

I'm drooling like a paraplegic vegetable now. Lol nice collection.
    sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
    🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

I can dig it.
      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

I have finger banged a few lf these. Nice guns and a nice collection Anthony! Look forward to the range report.
        Originally posted by lincolnboy
        After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

I like the hell out of that Dan Wesson.
          "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

That Series 70 is tits..

Comment

I did the shooting on Friday. The 38 supers were shot using MecGar mags. The 45s were shot using Wilson, Sig (for the Sig) and Colt mags. Colt mags are overpriced IMO, but they work. The Sig mags work great in the Sig. The Wilson mags work great in all the 45s except the Sig, go figure.

So honestly the Sig still needs more break in. It's built too tight (which isn't good for a 1911) and the cerakote is a pretty thick finish relative to bluing. The Dan Wesson is going to need some more break in too. I think after 500 rounds or so the Dan Wesson will become my wife's carry gun. It's really tight right now.

Both the Colt series 70 and series 80 ran flawlessly right out of the box using WWB, Federal ball, and Hornady XTP handloads. Honestly the Colt series 80 at $699 may be the best gun values I've ever gotten and I still need to send in for my $100 rebate. The series 70 does a bit better in groupings with me shooting than the 80 most of the time. The main variable is me. My best shooting pistol is still the smithed Rock Island. I'm thinking the series 80 and 70 both need some trigger work mostly polishing of parts. I do better with the shorter triggers like on my Rock Islands in the Series 70 too.

The 70 series does have one very annoying feature, it ejects almost directly to the rear. Most cases go over your right shoulder but I probably get 1 in 20 right off my forehead which I don't like. I'm going to have to wear a cap to the range when I shoot it.

Honestly everyone needs to shoot a 1911 with a trigger job at least once in their life. I can get bulleyes with XDs and Glocks, but I also have an area of shots. With a 1911 when I do my part, I find I'm just drilling holes or making the same hole larger. I will post up the photo tomorrow, but at 8 shots per in my final testing the smithed RIA and series 70 both made a lot of shots in one hole with the occasional flyer. Most of my fliers come out of the Sig. The series 80 is nearly as good as the 70, but I think I need to put a short trigger in it for me.

If you've never shot 1911s, I'm happy to go to the range and share toys. You share things I don't have, I share things you don't have etc.

My next range trip I will be shooting my plastic guns and Sigs most likely. I need to make a rifle trip too. I have a lot of new optics to zero in.

I'm going to have a kick ass rifle project to post photos of in the next six months or so too. I finally found the setup I want for my M1A from a looks/function standpoint.

Comment

The ivory grips finally arrived and I put them on Wednesday!

Comment

That's really nice.
                  sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                  🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Originally posted by soap View Post
                    That's really nice.
                    Thank you. I need to take some pictures in natural sunlight to show how nice the grips really are. I'm very happy with it. If tomorrow is like today I will go take some photos outside. I have a lot of rifles to clean after today.

Comment

Working...
                    X