anyone snack on pork rinds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone snack on pork rinds

I want to add something besides jerky every day lmao. Plus its cheaper.

yea on a rare occasion but that stuff gives me heartburn

Comment

They are high in fat content(compared to lean beef jerky).

Comment

Originally posted by stangin4lyfe View Post
        They are high in fat content(compared to lean beef jerky).
        This i am aware. I'm trying to find something a little more affordable for my 2 breaks at work a day that have a good amount of protein.

Comment

Yeah when I was a low carb diet

Comment

I remember when I was fat I loved porkrinds.
            sigpic

Comment

Why not eat a veggie snack or something similar and compensate for the protein in other meals or with shakes? I may be off a little but I don't think your body can properly digest the protein in pork rinds like it would lean meat anyways. This is why pork rinds are labeled as not a significant source of protein. Ha to do with protein effeciency

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
                This i am aware. I'm trying to find something a little more affordable for my 2 breaks at work a day that have a good amount of protein.
                It's a shitty source of protein...(hydrolyzed gelatin protein).
                The protein in pork rinds is not used by the human body. This is the reason the packages are labled "not a significant source of protien." And eating pork rinds to get protien, only results in the protiens going unused and being converted to sugars and stored as fat by the body.

I always bring beef jerky, chicken, turkey, protein shakes, and greek yogurt daily.
                Last edited by stangin4lyfe; 02-07-2011, 06:03 AM.

Comment

And this is why i ask.

It looks like im going to have to start making my own jerky. Or make a meal replacement protein shake. Id rather eat something, but in a pinch a little powder at work will be fine.

Comment

Home made jerky is great. Just use some 96/4 or substitute a lean meat like buffalo or turkey and you're good to go! Shakes are good as well but wont fill ya up.

Comment

I'm a big fan of turkey jerky, but it's a pain to get out here. I also like those veggie crisps, things, but they're a little high in sodium. Thanks to the dining facility, I keep a bowl of carrot and celery sticks around just in case the munchies hit.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                        Home made jerky is great. Just use some 96/4 or substitute a lean meat like buffalo or turkey and you're good to go! Shakes are good as well but wont fill ya up.
                        Ground buffalo has a lower saturated and unsaturated fat content than most ground beef, but not 3% or 4% ground beef.
                        Most compare lean buffalo meat to 5% ground beef, fat content wise.
                        Of course you get a couple extra grams of protein and some additional iron with the buffalo meat as well.

All I can to say to people is READ LABELS, as a lot of companies throw all sorts of junk in what is supposed to be "lean meats", such as some pre-packaged Turkey meats(such as some Jenny O products).
                        Last edited by stangin4lyfe; 02-07-2011, 08:10 AM.

Comment

Ground buffalo has a lower saturated and unsaturated fat content than most ground beef, but not 3% or 4% ground beef.
                          Most compare lean buffalo meat to 5% ground beef, fat content wise.
                          Of course you get a couple extra grams of protein and some additional iron with the buffalo meat as well.

All I can to say to people is READ LABELS, as a lot of companies throw all sorts of junk in what is supposed to be "lean meats", such as some pre-packaged Turkey meats(such as some Jenny O products).
                          So are you agreeing with me and reinforcing what I'm saying just like you did with poor protein quality in pork rinds or was there supposed to be a disagreement there? Confused on the intent of this quote here...

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                            So are you agreeing with me and reinforcing what I'm saying just like you did with poor protein quality in pork rinds or was there supposed to be a disagreement there? Confused on the intent of this quote here...
                            I was just trying to clarify what you were saying is all.

The quote was in reference to most people thinking buffalo meat or turkey meat is always lean, when indeed it may not be.
                            But then again, it all comes down to what one considers "lean".

Comment

I was just trying to clarify what you were saying is all.

The quote was in reference to most people thinking buffalo meat or turkey meat is always lean, when indeed it may not be.
                              But then again, it all comes down to what one considers "lean".
                              I see what ya mean now..I mean literally picking out a lean meat that one can turn into jerky. As in Dont pick 85/15 turkey...but a lean meat equivalent to say 93/7 or greater. personally I prefer even leaner but I'd still consider 93/7 lean.

Comment

Working...
                              X