Texas Mile build: Gen 5 Camaro (LMR)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas Mile build: Gen 5 Camaro (LMR)

These guys are outta Houston, I'll give credit where it's due. Although we butted heads, iy was only out of shear competition. This car is going to fly.......seriously

Doing enough racing for 99% of the board!

Just an FYI, this car on the racepac data logger was running 240 when the motor blew. It coasted through the traps at 214.........in the standing mile. The alternator went out and showed the motor went lean. That was at 900 rwhp less then what its going to make now. The guy said he wants the worlds fastest street car, all it takes is money. He also states that you make a school bus run 200 mph with enough money.

Comment

Cool video, but those 2 guys at the first of the video looked sooooooo uncomfortable and nervous just talking. I wanted to tell them..."just forget the camera is there!!"

Comment

"Fuck it, we'll just make more horsepower and push it through the wind."

Why do none of the people building these mile cars give a bit of a thought to aerodynamics? Occasionally you'll see a sheetmetal spoiler on the back of one, but that's about it.

Comment

This guy wants a stock appearing car.

Comment

Cant wait to see this build finished up. I dont think the trans will take it. Why not a lenco/bruno combo or glide/gv setup?
            -1997 Supra- mid 8 second street car
            -1993 Cobra- 700rw
            -2012 CTS-V- 9 second daily driver
            -1991 Coupe- LSA/TT/4L80 in the making
            -2007 GSXR 1000- built turbo bike

Comment

The 6060 trannies seem to be holding up under alot of stress stock. I am sure they'll be doing something with it.

Comment

Crazy s.o.b. No way a manual tranny holds 2000+ hp. He may sneak in a pull or two, but 5th gear pulls at that power level in a Manual tranny is crazy.
                “There will be, in the next generation or so, a pharmacological method of making people love their servitude, and producing dictatorship without tears, so to speak, producing a kind of painless concentration camp for entire societies, so that people will in fact have their liberties taken away from them, but will rather enjoy it, because they will be distracted from any desire to rebel by propaganda or brainwashing, or brainwashing enhanced by pharmacological methods". Aldous Huxley 1962

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeChevyII View Post
                  The 6060 trannies seem to be holding up under alot of stress stock. I am sure they'll be doing something with it.
                  What's the highest hp you've seen through a 6060? I'm going to have to go to the mile this year and check it out. These guys are getting crazy with their setups.
                  “There will be, in the next generation or so, a pharmacological method of making people love their servitude, and producing dictatorship without tears, so to speak, producing a kind of painless concentration camp for entire societies, so that people will in fact have their liberties taken away from them, but will rather enjoy it, because they will be distracted from any desire to rebel by propaganda or brainwashing, or brainwashing enhanced by pharmacological methods". Aldous Huxley 1962

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
                    "Fuck it, we'll just make more horsepower and push it through the wind."

Why do none of the people building these mile cars give a bit of a thought to aerodynamics? Occasionally you'll see a sheetmetal spoiler on the back of one, but that's about it.
                    It's cool, they have painters tape to block off fog light holes and shit like that.

:|

Comment

Originally posted by mr tinfoil hat View Post
                      What's the highest hp you've seen through a 6060? I'm going to have to go to the mile this year and check it out. These guys are getting crazy with their setups.
                      I know this car probably doesn't make near the kind of power as above, but here is a local car with 1,250rwhp on a TR-6060.

Multimedia Exchange - Over 1250 rwhp - Twin Turbo C6 Corvette - Built by Dallas Performance - http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5901878/dallas%20performance%20tt%20c6%20vette%20small.jpg (http://boostmdvideo.com/videos/200/robert-varela%27s-2005-twin-turbo-corvette-built-by-dallas-performance) This Vette...

Comment

Those guys do some some nice builds. I bet it sets a record for something!

Comment

Looking forward to the March mile. Brian you want to head down there to spectate

Comment

I wanna participate, but I don't think they have a boat class.

Comment

Originally posted by mr tinfoil hat View Post
                              LPE made over 1340 to the wheels and drag raced their 4000 pound Camaro in a two step on a bone stock trans. I'm sure this one will hold up like stated for a pass or two. IF, it is stock.

Comment

Working...
                              X