Thundering Thursdays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thundering Thursdays

Saw this on the Texas Motorplex's schedule... anybody know what it is?
    www.dfwdirtriders.com

TNT on Thursdays. I'm so sure everyone in the DFW area has the time (on a Thursday night) to drive 1 to 2 hours to Ennis, race for 1 or 2 hours, then drive back home and go back to work Friday morning. Brilliant!
    sigpic

Comment

Don't forget when you get there they won't have the fuel shed open and if they do they will be out of everything. Then things will move so slow you will be lucky to get 2 passes.
      Half of history is hiding the past.

Comment

And if it rained anytime 72 hours prior within 100 miles they won't be open.

Comment

Originally posted by silverhatch View Post
          Don't forget when you get there they won't have the fuel shed open and if they do they will be out of everything. Then things will move so slow you will be lucky to get 2 passes.
          LMAO... I see some Thursdays have fireworks.

Anything ever happen with getting together a stick shift only bracket class?
          www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post
            LMAO... I see some Thursdays have fireworks.

Anything ever happen with getting together a stick shift only bracket class?

Well, I would like to see it happen. My old man has talked to a few tracks. The Motorplex could care less about it. The only ones to show interest are Cedar Creek and Prairie Hill (near Waco). Maybe Nick & Larry at Northstar would be interested? They always like to try new things.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Moose Jr. View Post
              Well, I would like to see it happen. My old man has talked to a few tracks. The Motorplex could care less about it. The only ones to show interest are Cedar Creek and Prairie Hill (near Waco). Maybe Nick & Larry at Northstar would be interested? They always like to try new things.
              I don't understand why the Plex won't let you do something small on their TNT nights. Similar to the old Lincoln Tech bracket races.
              www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

I don't understand why the Plex won't let you do something small on their TNT nights. Similar to the old Lincoln Tech bracket races.

1st thing they need to do is actually have some TNT nights. And, on Friday's and Saturday's! The Thursday races will be a total failure. You've seen the schedule. There are a total of 46 days that they are open this year. 11 of those are TNT dates with the majority them scheduled for Thursday nights. I guess they are still in the mindset of, "if we stay closed, we can't lose money!" The Nationals, ADRL, Super Chevy and the Bracket Finals are their money makers. NHRA requires them to have, I think, a minimum of 10 bracket series races in order to field a "bracket finals" team. So, the Sunday bracket races will not go anywhere. I just can't understand what the hell they are thinking with not having Friday(or Saturday) TNT nights.
                Last edited by Moose Jr.; 02-07-2011, 10:34 PM. Reason: Sunday not Saturday
                sigpic

Comment

That would require someone to run it. Keep order. Then all the test and tuners will be mad due to the chaos and the even longer wait in the lanes.

Usually I tried to defend the 'plex, now I just dont get it. A nice track, could have a great racing program. They are closed so much. Oh well, Crandell is a lot closer to me now.
                  Some cars and a bike...

Some say... they have been raced, some a lot

Comment

Originally posted by SC457A View Post
                    That would require someone to run it. Keep order. Then all the test and tuners will be mad due to the chaos and the even longer wait in the lanes.

Usually I tried to defend the 'plex, now I just dont get it. A nice track, could have a great racing program. They are closed so much. Oh well, Crandell is a lot closer to me now.
                    Have you been to a TNT out there? They have not been crowded in years.
                    www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Have you been to a TNT out there? They have not been crowded in years.
                      Used to a lot. I raced a ton on the old Wednesday nights.

Then later in my racing career, I started to avoid TNT days out there unless the race car needed some work. Track was never consistant enough to get good baseline and try out stuff, and too many street cars messing up the track for my racecar.
                      Some cars and a bike...

Some say... they have been raced, some a lot

Comment

Working...
                      X