very happy.. new personal best..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• very happy.. new personal best..

Well started cranking it up for shoulders last week.. 2 weeks in a row killed my personal bests.
    i know its not exactly Crazy weights or reps.. but it made a tubby like me happy.

my main mass movement for shoulders is seated military dumbell press..

normaly i would work with 100s for 3 sets of 8-12 but last week i decided to crank it up.. warmed up and hit 105x10, 110x6-7 and 115s for 4-5.. was VERY happy.

fast forward to today..

105x12 (stopped at 12)
    jumped to 120s.. and did 120s for 8 and 6..then moved on to the rest of my shoulder and tri work out..

with the reduction in calories for my diet.. im very glad my strength is finaly starting to come back up.
    2016 250 Mini dozer

No matter how fast light travels it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.

Good numbers man! Congrats! May not be the super heavy weight you were used to bak in the day but that's still pretty damn high. Now don't get carried away with high numbers and forget about the weight loss goals!

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
      Good numbers man! Congrats! May not be the super heavy weight you were used to bak in the day but that's still pretty damn high. Now don't get carried away with high numbers and forget about the weight loss goals!
      actually.. i never really did dumbell press at the old gym.. since they had a seated military press rack.. so 120s is the most i have done period..the problem im going to have soon is this pissy gym only has up to 125lbs dumbells.. 5 more lbs and im done;(

i figure if i can diet and lift.. in 6 months time i will be around where i want to be strength wise.. im DONT with heavy bench, but i want to get to sub 245 and rep 405x12-15
      2016 250 Mini dozer

No matter how fast light travels it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.

Comment

Originally posted by White_lightning View Post
        actually.. i never really did dumbell press at the old gym.. since they had a seated military press rack.. so 120s is the most i have done period..the problem im going to have soon is this pissy gym only has up to 125lbs dumbells.. 5 more lbs and im done;(

i figure if i can diet and lift.. in 6 months time i will be around where i want to be strength wise.. im DONT with heavy bench, but i want to get to sub 245 and rep 405x12-15
        Damn you and your 400+ bench...haha. That's pure jealousy speaking btw.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
          Damn you and your 400+ bench...haha. That's pure jealousy speaking btw.
          lol.. i just want to do it fairly lean.. i dont even CARE about a 6 pack. i just want to be leaner..

i want to look like a Lifter rather then a weight watchers drop out.
          2016 250 Mini dozer

Comment

lol.. i just want to do it fairly lean.. i dont even CARE about a 6 pack. i just want to be leaner..

i want to look like a Lifter rather then a weight watchers drop out.
            hahaha...i totally understand what you mean. I have actually been trying to get a lot leaner myself. It's much easier to eat what I want and only care about getting enough protein to lift more. But now that I'm trying to lean up and keep as much muscle as possible...it's been tough.

Comment

congrats Dave, I know you've come a long way.

Hard work and determination will pay off brother.

Comment

Kashi cereal is loaded with protein.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FunFordCobra View Post
                  Where ya taking this? Lol

Comment

Originally posted by FunFordCobra View Post
                    and good gas
                    www.LockoutSupplements.com
                    discount code = dfwmustangs

Comment

Originally posted by GRAYHORSE View Post
                      and good gas
                      Gotta love that soy protein + fiber content!

WL, good job on a new personal best, keep it up and like I said last time...don't quit!!!

Comment

Originally posted by stangin4lyfe View Post
                        Gotta love that soy protein + fiber content!

WL, good job on a new personal best, keep it up and like I said last time...don't quit!!!
                        only reason i stopped in nov was i literealy got sick 3 months in a row with sinus infections.

im back at it though.
                        2016 250 Mini dozer

Comment

only reason i stopped in nov was i literealy got sick 3 months in a row with sinus infections.

im back at it though.
                          No need for excuses bro, welcome back to the game.

Comment

Originally posted by stangin4lyfe View Post
                            No need for excuses bro, welcome back to the game.
                            good to be back.. hopefully i can hit this years reduction in body weight goal while getting back up to strength.
                            2016 250 Mini dozer

Comment

good to be back.. hopefully i can hit this years reduction in body weight goal while getting back up to strength.
                              I'm sure you can broseph. You're a beast, now you're a leaner beast!

Comment

Working...
                              X