Winchs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winchs

What do you have? I am looking into getting one but so far can't bring myself to spend warn money.I am looking at a Smittybilt 98495. Pros? Cons?
    Half of history is hiding the past.

My brother in law has 2 smittybuilt xrc's. Both have been submerged and givin zero issues.
    07 f250-family truckster
    08 Denali -baby hauler
    52 f1-rust bucket
    05 Jeep tj. Buggy
    livin the double-wide dream

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

I've had a Warn 12k and a Smitty 9.5 Liked them both, but seeing how little use they actually got, I think if I get another I will get the one from Harbor Freight. Good reviews and you can't beat the price. They are always on sale too.

Comment

Originally posted by Cannon88 View Post
          I've had a Warn 12k and a Smitty 9.5 Liked them both, but seeing how little use they actually got, I think if I get another I will get the one from Harbor Freight. Good reviews and you can't beat the price. They are always on sale too.
          My only grip about the HF models is they are ungodly slow.
          07 f250-family truckster
          08 Denali -baby hauler
          52 f1-rust bucket
          05 Jeep tj. Buggy

Comment

Originally posted by silverhatch View Post
            What do you have? I am looking into getting one but so far can't bring myself to spend warn money.I am looking at a Smittybilt 98495. Pros? Cons?
            I have had 4 smittys and beat the shit out of them. They are absolutely the best bang for your buck. I have a 10k or 12k on my FX4 right now in a hidden mount. I used it to drag a buddys car out of a field the other day that was down to the axles. Biggest difference is the Warns are just faster.

Negative on the HF. Slow and trash

Originally posted by whitetrash View Post
            My only grip about the HF models is they are ungodly slow.
            This
            Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Sounds great looks like and xrc 9500 synthetic rope it is.

Comment

I only buy the best, Badland
                Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Originally posted by silverhatch View Post
                  Sounds great looks like and xrc 9500 synthetic rope it is.
                  Just put one of those on a buddy's jeep. That damn line took forever to roll lol.
                  07 f250-family truckster
                  08 Denali -baby hauler
                  52 f1-rust bucket
                  05 Jeep tj. Buggy

Comment

I have the hf 12k on my jeep. It is very slow. But for under $400 and i have only had too use it twice in two years i cant complain. If its somthing ur gonna use alot i would go warn.

Comment

Originally posted by 2000 vert View Post
                      I have the hf 12k on my jeep. It is very slow. But for under $400 and i have only had too use it twice in two years i cant complain. If its somthing ur gonna use alot i would go warn.
                      This is what I was getting at above. Sure, if you will be using it a lot, buy as much quality as you can afford. I just didnt need it like I thought I would, so I won't pay the premium moving forward. I can deal with the slowness when needed I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by 2000 vert View Post
                        This is what I was getting at above. Sure, if you will be using it a lot, buy as much quality as you can afford. I just didnt need it like I thought I would, so I won't pay the premium moving forward. I can deal with the slowness when needed I guess.
                        The Smittybuilts start at 299.00 or cheaper sometimes so I don't get why anyone would pay 400.00 for a HF winch. 400 will get you a 10-12k Smitty. I don't use mine a whole lot these days, but when I do I want to have confidence it will work.
                        Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Yeah the HF 12k is $300.

Comment

Ya if irc with the sale a coupon and 3year replacement i was out the door around $330.

Comment

I bought a rugged ridge to put on my trailer. It works really well and the line speed is pretty quick for a winch. It's a 4500 lb atv winch, small and compact, and if I need to drag more weight I have a snatch block that helps double the pulling power... So far it has drug my 4300 lb c10 and my 69 vette on to the trailer without a hiccup.

Comment

Working...
                              X