Getting back in the saddle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting back in the saddle

I have been fortunate enough to have owned several older Mustangs. The Grand daddy was a 1969 Cobra Jet Mach 1.Enough of that.

I am fasinasted with the Coyote Mustang. I want to build a car that is an eleminator. Camaros,Vettes ugly Mopars. I want tu dust them all. I am told the Coyote motor will stand about 650 hp before parts hit the ground.Trying to deside between a 2010 to 2014 5.0 litre or an older Shelby 2006 to 2008.
    What is my best bang for my buck? I need all of the advise I can get. sorry cant find spell check
    Last edited by cyclops59; 08-21-2015, 01:47 PM. Reason: spell check

I assume you're wanting it for straight line racing?

The 2015 GT is so much nicer than a 2014 GT on the inside.

Comment

Yea not to many curves. I would like to set about a 50k budget. A new 15 is about 40k with no power adders. A 2011 to 2013 GT Premium is from 20 to 30 K. That leaves room for Super charger, long tube headers, rear end work and a custom tune. I am told I can get 650HP to the wheels like this and not damage the motor.

Should I go for an older Shelby that I can get in for 30K to 40k make improvements to meet or exceed the GT and have more end value. I can run myself crazy thinking about this. I really need some advice.Thanks for the reply.

Comment

You can get a new base gt for close to 30.

Comment

Working...
        X