Fertilizing Lawn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fertilizing Lawn

Spring is coming. When will ya start Fertilizing your lawn?

Do and Donts? Best Brands to use?

(googling about this stuff right now, but would rather read everyone's
    opinions / experience here.)

btw: I don't even know what kind of grass i have in my yard LOL.
    Originally posted by 03trubluGT
    Your opinion is what sucks.
    You are too stupied and arrogant

Wharz lawn jockey?!?!

Comment

<-- needs advice as well.

Comment

I've always had good luck with Lesco Weed & Feed at HD. I don't apply until weeds are growing full throttle in the spring.

Some years, if weeds are really bad, I'll apply again 4-6 weeks later.

Comment

I am doing the Scott's pre-emergent today, then when the yard gets closer to showing some greening, I'll apply some weed-n-feed to kill off the weeds that are growing, and give the ole grass a boost.

Once you figure out the type of grass you have (post some pic's, close ups if you can), you'll get better opinions of what people get results with.

For instance, our yard is Bermuda, I get the best results with the Lowes brand of weed-n-feed. I think it is Sta-green or something similar, I'd have to go to Lowes to look. It is a purple'ish bag I think???

Our old house had St Augistine, Scott's worked well for me there.

Comment

I use the Scott's program. If you go to their site, you can put in your zip code and type of grass and they'll tell you what to do. I have found that the fall treatment is one of the most important. I pull as many weeds as I can rather than using treatments if possible. If your yard sucks, it takes a few years IMO to get it really rocking.

Comment

Originally posted by EW View Post
              I use the Scott's program. If you go to their site, you can put in your zip code and type of grass and they'll tell you what to do. I have found that the fall treatment is one of the most important. I pull as many weeds as I can rather than using treatments if possible. If your yard sucks, it takes a few years IMO to get it really rocking.
              thanks, i'll check it out.
              Originally posted by 03trubluGT
              Your opinion is what sucks.
              You are too stupied and arrogant

Comment

I have Tru Green. They take care of all that.
                David

1986 GT

Comment

Scott's Weed and Feed is the shit. Mowed lawns for extra cash for a while and that shit would help grass grow thick and fast. Always hated mowing the lawns I'd fertilize the next few weeks after putting that stuff down.
                  "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

I've never had good luck with any brand weed and feed, but Scotts seems to be the worst. Neil Sperry writes that killing weeds and fertilizing are two totally different actions, that require totally different treatments, so combo products should be avoided. I use Sperry's own brand of fertilizer. You can pick it up at certain nurseries, and any local home and garden shows.

Last year, I cut out all my St. Augustine sod and planted Bermuda seed. It grew in rather nice, and quickly, however, I'm hoping this year it will really thicken up.
                    Originally posted by BradM
                    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                    Originally posted by Leah
                    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Anyone want to go half on an aerater? lol I can't wait to start cutting the grass again..
                      Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
                      Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
                        Anyone want to go half on an aerater? lol I can't wait to start cutting the grass again..
                        How about we pay a hooker to stomp around in her high heels for an hour?

Comment

Originally posted by 94mstng94 View Post
                          How about we pay a hooker to stomp around in her high heels for an hour?
                          Because I spend enought ime already fighting off crabgrass.
                          Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
                          Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

I have st auggy. I'm gonna wait another 3 weeks and see whats up with this weather. If the weather holds out, I will fertilize then adn then once again in late march/early April.
                            Vortex rear stand $75
                            8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
                            My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
                            but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
                            11 4 door
                            13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by Txstang1 View Post
                              I have st auggy. I'm gonna wait another 3 weeks and see whats up with this weather. If the weather holds out, I will fertilize then adn then once again in late march/early April.
                              Bingo! I think it's a bit early too.

Comment

Working...
                              X