Desserts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Desserts

I have a sweet tooth like no other and love a good dessert.

My all time favorite restaurant dessert is the chocolate cake from Trulucks. Holy fucking shit is it good. Normally this much chocolate is too sweet and too rich, I don't know what they do, but it's fucking bliss.

And for at home, my fav has to be whoopie pies. It's an old PA Dutch recipe. My Mom makes them for me for holidays and whatnot, I can put a hurting on these things.

What does everyone else dig on?

Peach cobbler, blueberry pie, cheesecake.

Don't eat deserts that often because I will murder all three of those things.
    How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

I'm of no help here, as I don't do sweets other than ice cream.
      Originally posted by BradM
      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
      Originally posted by Leah
      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

cake, ice cream, pies
        Check your self bro , you're not that cool.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
          I love some ice cream too. Same as above. Don't buy it very often, because it's gone in a flash.
          How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
            Why? You just don't like them? Or you avoid them for other reasons?

And I'm like you Geor, can't keep that shit around the house or I'd weigh 50lbs more. I save my cravings for special occasions.

Comment

Ice cream fucking rules too. Haagen-Dazs strawberry and chocolate peanut butter are my favorites.

Comment

Albertson's has Blue Bell for $2.98 through tomorrow

I've cut way back on sweets, but I love german chocolate cake, brownies and ice cream, apple pie with brandy butter. Hell, who am I kidding? I love all sweets. I used to make Watergate Salad for the holidays, but it's too sweet for me now.

Pistachio pudding mix
                cool whip
                crushed pineapple
                cherry halves
                marshmallows
                pecans if desired

Good shit

Comment

Originally posted by UserX View Post
                  Why? You just don't like them? Or you avoid them for other reasons?

And I'm like you Geor, can't keep that shit around the house or I'd weigh 50lbs more. I save my cravings for special occasions.
                  Just not much of a sweet eater. I make exception on cake maybe twice a year, if that. And I'd have the occasional slice of grandma's homemade apple pie or homemade pear preserves, back before she got sick; but that's been a good 7 yrs or so. And even then I didn't eat it often. Sweets seem to make me sick to my stomach for a few hours. I don't know why. Ice cream doesn't do it, for whatever reason. My stomach is weird like that though. There are some things I can eat, and I have to shit immediately after. I mean, as in within 5 minutes of finishing. And it's always from the same places. But there doesn't seem to be any connection, either. For instance, a sonic burger or a pizza from I Fratelli. I can't seem to nail down the common ingredient.
                  Originally posted by BradM
                  But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                  Originally posted by Leah
                  In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

My wife makes too many damn good sweets. She bakes cakes, so I end up eating alot of the leftovers. She makes my great grandmothers chocolate pie better than my great grandmother. Damn good peach cobbler too.

Comment

My grandma is 81, and she still makes cobbler from wild blackberries she harvests herself in North Louisiana. Random vines will always grow up at the edge of woods, so back in the '70's, she started tending the blackberry vines, and cutting everything else away. She also makes her own muscadine jelly (the fucking best jelly in the world), and she planted two different varieties of huckleberry together, one sweet and one tart. That makes awesome jam. After that, she makes wild mayhaw jelly, wild persimmon tarts, and all kinds of other stuff. My mom makes her sit down for a few hours every time we go visit, just so she can record all the old-time recipes. It fucking rocks.
                      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

i'm a simpleton.
                        apple pie.
                        blue bell vanilla ice cream.
                        apple pie with vanilla ice cream.

not big on cookies or cakes.
                        www.hppmotorsports.com
                        ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Red Velvet, Carriot and Cheese cake are my favorite. As for pies Shoofly, Mississippi Mud, Peach Cobbler and Pecan. All homemade of course.
                          You remember the stories John use to tell us about the the three chinamen playing Fantan? This guy runs up to them and says, "Hey, the world's coming to an end!" and the first one says, "Well, I best go to the mission and pray," and the second one says, "Well, hell, I'm gonna go and buy me a case of Mezcal and six whores," and the third one says "Well, I'm gonna finish the game." I shall finish the game, Doc.

Comment

My grandma's red velvet is my all time favorite, however over the holidays I had a Buttermilk Pie with Dark Chocolate on top and holy shit that is the best pie I've ever had.

Comment

Speaking of red velvet...

I made this to take to my womenz at work tomorrow. Red Velvet Cheesecake.

I also make pumpkin, amaretto, turtle, plain, double chocolate, Oreo cookie cheesecakes among others that I cannot think of at the moment.

I am working on a pepper jack cheesecake, but I wouldn't really attempt to call it desert, too savory.
                              كافر

Originally posted by sc281
                              Always better to be an Uncle than a Father. All the fun stuff and none of the expensive stuff.
                              Originally posted by Trick Pony
                              ...from what I've seen on here bcoop knows his shit when it comes to smoking meat.

Comment

Working...
                              X