Brooks you got some competition...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brooks you got some competition...

I will admit I am far from the best fabricator but if my shit looked like this I would not be sharing with the world.

6-25-10 RIP Chloe Rene Daddy loves you always

78 Suburban (slammed with LS in future)
    54 Olds 88 2dr HT
    12 Camaro SS convertible

...wow
    2014 GT
    2013 FX2 ecoboost

Comment

lmao
      Texas Fastest Streetcar Shootout
      2008 Spring : 13.00 index Champion
      2008 Summer : Fastest Street Car Runner Up : 13.00 index Champion
      2008 Summer KODFWS : Runner Up

Comment

Awesome!!

Comment

That's just sad. I hope someone didn't pay for that.
          Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
          There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

lol - I'll say this, I got lucky and had the genes passed down from my dad who's an excellent fabricator/welder/inventor etc. The funny part is, he never really showed me much in that area - we just never did any of that stuff. Irony, my first job landed me smack dab in the middle of a machine and welding shop where I learned the bulk of what I know - the lead man was an incredible welder.

Secondly, there are two main types of people who do what we do. One, is the person who can only see the end result and will stop at nothing to get there - regardless of what the product looks like. (the ones posted above.)

Next, is the person who may not know how to do what they are wanting to make, but take the time to get it there.

My FIRST work was not good, but I had a basic understanding of fab work already. So, I got to skip that stage shown above, but landed in the middle of a design quandary that took me forever to weld my way out of. lol.

People's work like posted above, they just don't care - I've worked with many of them. Ultimately, this kind of poor work may be functional, but in the future will DEFINITELY cost them more work, and possibly parts failure..

Comment

Originally posted by Darren M View Post
              That's just sad. I hope someone didn't pay for that.
              No he did it himself but he is proudly displaying on another board.

6-25-10 RIP Chloe Rene Daddy loves you always

78 Suburban (slammed with LS in future)
              54 Olds 88 2dr HT
              12 Camaro SS convertible

Comment

Originally posted by gearhead78 View Post
                No he did it himself but he is proudly displaying on another board.
                I guess I can see the pride in the accomplishment but damn that is red neck look'n. I mean I'd expect to see that on a "LeMons" car or some shit.
                There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

the thing a lot of people don't realize is that even though that looks like half-baked, hammered dog shit, as long as there aren't any exhaust leaks, it'll work...

so as long as he's up to date on his tetanus shots, the broke dick with a hack saw, a torch, and a handful of coat hangers could be draggin' that ass and still have money left over for a celebratory 6 pack of high life
                  http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                    the thing a lot of people don't realize is that even though that looks like half-baked, hammered dog shit, as long as there aren't any exhaust leaks, it'll work...

so as long as he's up to date on his tetanus shots, the broke dick with a hack saw, a torch, and a handful of coat hangers could be draggin' that ass and still have money left over for a celebratory 6 pack of high life
                    I've had my ass handed to me by a cobbled together bunch of shit from a junkyard with a driver that looked like he would fit that bill.

It didn't run forever, but he certainly won a large enough sum of money to build something right the next time.

Comment

that looks so bad its not even funny. When I see stuff like that it makes me cringe. I don't care if he did it himself, you would think someone would practice on scrap pieces first.
                      JamesB Chassis is looking for a fabricator/general shop help, call or PM for info.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesB View Post
                        that looks so bad its not even funny. When I see stuff like that it makes me cringe. I don't care if he did it himself, you would think someone would practice on scrap pieces first.
                        Who's to say he didn't!?!?!

Comment

Hot side's done!
                          Ronald Reagan:"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

Homer: "Bart...there's 2 things I know about women. Never give them nicknames like "jumbo" or "boxcar" and always keep receipts...it makes you look like a business man."

Comment

I have seen so many cars done in such a bad way. The thing the always gets me is how many people pay and how much they pay only to get that kind of work.

I have seen stuff done by shops only to have it fall off while driving the car.

Comment

Ok granted he may not be the best welder but at least take the time to remove it after fabbing hit it with a grinder and pretty it up a little. A grinder and scotchbrite does wonders to hide hideous welding lol

RESIDENT ELECTRICIAN AND WIRING GURU!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X