OME lifts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OME lifts?

been eyeballing the 4" OME lift. it seems very reasonable price wise. This is not why I have been looking at it though. It was reccomended for ride comfort and it just happens to be fairly cheap as well. Cant find anything really bad about it. One thing I dont know about is the angles for the drive shafts with a 2dr jeep. I have a 08' 2dr fyi. Any input?

I have had two of the OME lifts and they ride great for a lifted Jeep. I can't remember where they get the other inch or so as most of their kits are 2 1/2 inches. At the minimum you will need to SYE your transfer case. On the 2in this is not a issue most of the time but the four will be I think. It was for the TJ's anyways. I did the 2inch, high lined my fender and fit 35's with no issue. I know they changed them in 07 so results may vary. OME makes good stuff though.

Oh and really the best ride improvement you can make is a good suspension seat. Man I couldn't believe the difference the Mastercraft Rubicons made.
    Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Anything over 2" ur gonna need to do somthing with the front shaft. Im running a 3" terraflex lift on an 08 jku. My front shaft lasted about 40k miles before it killed the cv joints. There were no vibration issues just too much angle for the cv's. I replaced it with a custom tom woods with a double cardigan and actual u-joints. The rear on my 4door looks like it would be ok with another 1".not sure about the 2door. The rear shafts on those r really short.

Comment

I had an OME lift and BFG M/T's on my XJ and that truck rode great. All of the parts seemed like they were good quality and they fit great.

Comment

Working...
        X